Too chubby?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by reallytinyamy, Oct 1, 2008.

1. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

I've just been looking at photos of Chloe and I'm convinced she's too chubby, looking at pics of other LO she seems much fatter. Her arms seem really chubby as well as her face. What do you think? Please be honest!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

:rofl: wait two secs and I'll show you chubby!

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arms on her? :) I love her baby chub.

4. Mrs-N

Mrs-N Mummy to Joshua James

all babies are different hun.

i was looking through pics of hubby when he was a baby and OMG i dont think you can get any chubbier.

i wouldnt worry hun,if she is happy im sure she is fine.

5. isil

isil Well-Known Member

babies are supposed to be a bit chubby. It's a survival mechanism thing! My aunt (hv) says that the cleverest babies feed lots and put on lots of weight to start with. Then they relax, feed less and put on less weight because they know they have a good mummy!

That said i worry that Ally is chubby. Although, that was earlier this week/last week. Now I'm worrying he's not eating enough lol. They just want to make us worry ;)

6. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

She is a wee chub-wubb and she is adorable. She is not FAT she is CHUBBY and it is beautiful. Most baby will be chubby.

7. tinytoes

tinytoes Guest

a lovely chubby baby. but what I notice mostly is her lovely head of hair!! how sweet.

8. lady3

lady3 Well-Known Member

Chubby? Maybe a little but my nephew weighed 16 lbs at 8 weeks. Now THAT'S chubby! The doctor said it's better to be chubby. When he would get ill and not eat for a couple of days, nobody worried. Now he's starting to walk and he's thinning out. We can finally see that yes, he does have wrists!:rofl:

Don't worry. She's perfect.

9. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

shes fine!!! my little brother looked like the michelin man when he was a baby, he had so many rolls!!!! but he's like a bloody rake now!!!

10. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie I adore my 3 children !!!

Nooooo... she's adorable... bet she's got biteable thighs !!!! :D
    My 2 year old looked really chubby, and then as soon as he starte to walk, it all dropped away... :( Which makes him not look like a baby anymore. Cherish her, she's perfect !!!

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

She's perfect! Babies are supposed to be chubby! My nephew was a very chubby baby and he's now 6 foot 3 without an ounce of fat on him!!

12. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Ok I will admit Ive always had a thing for chubby babies I wuvvv them..

But max is so thin I sometimes I wonder if he eats enough :( my friends 2 month old weighs 14lbs like max and max is 4 months !!!

I mean look at him lol my grandma says hes skin and bones just like his dad lol well he is 29" long

Attached Files:

13. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

shes not chubby shes mega cute x x

14. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

She's a beautiful baby!!

All babies come in different shapes & sizes just like us mummies :)

15. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

she's just perfect honey :) and beautiful too :)

16. ALY

ALY spammy sexington

she looks so cute i wouldnt worry all babys r diff
    my 1st weighed 19lbs wen she was 16wks old and wen i was lookin through sams record book the other day i noticed she was the same weight as sam now who is 1 this month he only weighs 19lb now so i wouldnt worry cos she is beautiful n if im honest i wished sam was more chubby

17. Tilly

Tilly Guest

She is beautiful! thats how babies should be (just want to add as not to offend anyway, that slim can be normal too of course.. not saying you're doing anything wrong if you have a skinny baby).

Here is Bethanie when she was more of a chubalub:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A healthy, happy little girl!!

Do not worry, when they start to crawl/walk it will drop off!! I used to worry and think people were thinking the same.. the doctors tried to say we overfed her, but she is long and she is going to be tall. Shes almost the height of loads of the 3 year olds at the toddler play area! Your little girl may be the same.

:hugs:

18. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Oh and I have to add, have you seen Hannah's chubby little face :lol: We were in Sears the other day and some woman commented to me on her double chin, said it was a sign of a well fed baby :rofl:

19. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

[/QUOTE] but she is long and she is going to be tall. Shes almost the height of loads of the 3 year olds at the toddler play area! Your little girl may be the same.

:hugs:[/QUOTE]

Chloe is long and is going to be tall too- her dad is 6'4 and they said when she was born hat she was very long

20. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

She's perfectly normal. Caitlyn was what the HV said "on her way to obesity" in her first few months. Now she's gradually going back down the chart. She went from 25th percentile to 91st in a matter of weeks, now she is going back down to 75th. So what if they are chubby when they're babies. Now she is getting more active she's already burning it off!

Also, I think I read that Chloe is a very hungry baby? Caitlyn polished off 21 oz in the space of 4 hours once. I didn't know that was wrong, and I should have, but it hasn't done her any harm being fed when she said she was hungry. They're both gorgeous little girls!