Too Early,But Baby Showers...

tjayne07

1 earth 1 angel 1 on way
Reaction score
My mum just phoned me and said she knows its early but wants to hold a baby shower for me.
So just asking if any other ladies are having them later on?and what happens at one?as i didnt have one with my 1st,but i hear every saying about them nowadays
:hugs:

I had a shower at about 32 weeks? It was great fun although most of the guests got pissed and I didn't :dohh:

We had food, drinks (virgin cocktails for me), babygames, music and it was really good craic! There were about 20 people at mine all women. And we all ooh-ed and ahh-ed over baby gifts too.

I don't think I'll have one this time around. Only because people were so generous that last time that I wouldn't feel right at them having to buy more gifts, when we don't need anything this time around :)

So its a kind of celebration for the baby,even though its not born yet then?
and an excuse for everyone(bar the mum) to get pissed lol:haha:

I remember when i had my son,everyone was coming round after with clothes and toys etc,so a baby shower is just doing that early?which is a relief because dh`s sister is a bit over excited about the baby and seems to want to smother me:shrug: which i dont really like,but theres no nice way of telling her,so i could invite her to the baby shower,then when ive had baby,can go visit her instead of her coming to my place where i cant get rid of her lol:blush:
sounds horrid i know but she is soooo clingy,and its even worse now she knows im PG lol

Well they still come over after the baby too lol. Sorry! :haha:

It is a celebration for the baby but its also an excuse for loads of women to get together and have a natter, which rarely happens these days. I loved that part of it. My aunts were all there, and friends, and other group's of friends and everyone mingled really well!

We had one game (my 2 best friends organised all the games!) where you had to sniff a nappy and guess what the contents were. Sounds sooo gross but they had like nutella, peanut butter, etc in them. Nothing breaks the ice like your MIL tasting the contents of a nappy and everybody giggling like crazy :D

haha,that seems like a giggle,might have to suggest that to my mum:thumbup:
Deff get some pics of everyone sniffing nappies :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"