Too early to buy baby stuff?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
Sorry I'm spamming this forum, I'm just so excited.

Just curious, have you started purchasing any baby stuff yet? If yes, when did you start, if not, when do you plan to start?

I only just got my BFP and I've already purchased my first baby outfit. Tomorrow I plan to buy a cute crib bedding set I found as we're already planning the theme of the (gender neutral) nursery. Part of me is like whoa, slow down, it's so early! but another part of me is like hey might as well get things we like as we see them, rather than stressing over everything at the last minute.

What do you think? Is it too early to be doing things like painting the nursery and buying clothes?

It's never too early to have fun getting ready! I agree with @winterbabies3 that it's a great idea to keep tags. In case you need any ideas for fun things to buy, these are my favorites. Congrats mama, and happy shopping! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twin-baby-product-must-haves/

It's possibly a bit early to be doing the nursery.. If you're not actually quite 4 weeks yet..
But there's no harm in looking/planning on what you will buy. You could even put aside the money etc and some shops let you reserve the larger items to pick up later

I did that with my pram and nursery set- reserved but had it delivered weeks later when I knew everything was OK

If you're excited and want to shop, then by all means shop!! I remember really enjoying browsing all the baby stuff while still early in pregnancy. You can also go ahead and set up registries, whether you're planning to have a shower or not. I found it helpful to keep up with what I wanted to get; plus, it gave me something to do at home on the computer when I got bored. It was fun. With daughter I was high risk so didn't tell anyone I was pregnant until I was b/t 24 and 26 weeks, and I didn't start buying things til then either. It's so fun to shop for baby stuff :)

So sweet that you're excited Hun but it may be a tad too early. Wait until your 12 week scan xx

I think it's all about personal preference and when you feel ready! I've already bought some clothing that I saw and fell and love with. We still have a lot of stuff saved from our daughter, so we don't really have any big purchases beyond a formula maker and a new Tula baby carrier to buy. We're waiting on finding out what we're having to see if we need new clothes or if we can just re-use DD's old clothing.

We are going to wait until February or March to buy stuff but will probably start looking around at prices in January.

I don't think it's a problem to buy some bits that are easy to store like clothes but I would wait to do a nursery in case anything goes wrong (I'm sure you'll be fine, but just to be sure!)

Btw, I've just got my bfp and think I'll be due the same day as you!

My mom, my older sister and I were out shopping after I started feeling somewhat better after all the nausea and sleepiness I've been having. We decided to take a stroll through the baby stuff. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun buying stuff for my little one once I hit the end of my first tri.

With my daughter, I bought the first onesie for her after my very first ultrasound. I wanted to make sure everything was okay. But after that, I pretty much bought whatever I liked whenever I saw it haha. This time I might wait a little longer just because I had a bleeding scare so I'm anxious about everything...but I think I want to stay positive about I might buy something after the ultrasound on Tuesday :)

I bought these in the sale :blush:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20151018_102145_zpselniq9it_edit_1445201637002_zpsv5ou5wyz.jpg

The apple vest matches my son's favourite top!

I been pram shopping not literally but I been eyeing up a couple I like, I have loads of experience at the baby shopping but still get excited at buying things
My hubby on the other hand cudnt care less ��

My husband and I spent 2 hours in Babies R Us last weekend. We enjoyed it and I was able to start researching brands, uses, reviews, etc. My mom is already telling me to get my registry going, so I have started with the big stuff that I will need regardless of sex (unisex stroller I'm already gaga over). It's the fun. I am trying not to be so nervous, so I am window shopping a lot. My first scan is next Tuesday.

it all depends on your personal prefrence. I was so scared that something might go wrong, I didnt buy anything until after i found out that we were having a girl. at 25 weeks.

Do whatever you're comfortable with! I'm not buying anything until after my scan at nine weeks, but I have a few things still from watching my nephews. Bouncy chair, car seat, a few toys. I'm considered higher risk so am still nervous. I did buy two pairs of maternity pants. I am only 4'9" and I know that capris or gauchos with an inseam of 23-25 inches fit me like regular pants so when I saw some online at that length I grabbed a pair of jeans and one of dressy pants. I tried them on and they look ridiculous right now because of the belly panel but I can tell they will be comfy later on!

I guess I just feel like even if something were to go wrong it's not the end of it. I'm determined to be a mommy and I'm sure I'll get to use everything at some point. I'd rather just try to be positive and enjoy my whole pregnancy than hold my breathe dwelling on the what if's. I understand both sides though, it's all personal preference.

I too would wait a bit longer for the bigger stuff, it really is down to personal preference though - I'm personally a big chicken and won't be buying anything until the 24 week date has passed.

Most people will say wait until your scan but then it's definatley personal choice!

For me with ds I waited until my 12 week scan but then got really organised so quickly, everything was done by the time I was 30 weeks! However this time I've been more relaxed and havnt bought a thing yet. I'm waiting until we can hopefully find out the sex then I'll start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->