• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Too early to buy?

berrybean

Reaction score
Ive just found some great buys on ebay that im so tempted to get and will save so much money but i feel like i will be tempting fate as i am only 7+1, and i barely seem to have any sympoms other than the odd cramp and feeling fairly tired. I'm on a fairly low income, so every penny counts right now as i have to buy baby everything and find myself a house also. Would anyone else take the oppotunity to save the pennys or is it just too early ?

Probably the best idea just hope i can find these bargains again sometime. when do you plan to start buying?

I'm not sure just yet, people have bought me sleep/bodysuits and it makes me feel worse because I want it to hurry up, we're starting to stock up on one pack of nappies every 2 weeks from 5 months, and then from there we're gonna start buying other essentials, but there will always be good deals on the go! And if you qualify you can get a £500 grant to help for baby :)

I dont plan to start buying anything till Im sure the baby is going to stick. So I will probably start buying stuff after I find out the gender :)

you sound so prepared! definately feel like im slacking in having some sort of plan. unforunately dont qualify for it because i work 20 hours a week and as far as im aware your only entitled to it if you are on job seekers or income support, is that right? It is a shame the health in pregnancy grant has stopped it could have been very handy. On ebay i saw a breast pump and steriliser for only a few pounds each definately good bargains.

Ive just found some great buys on ebay that im so tempted to get and will save so much money but i feel like i will be tempting fate as i am only 7+1, and i barely seem to have any sympoms other than the odd cramp and feeling fairly tired. I'm on a fairly low income, so every penny counts right now as i have to buy baby everything and find myself a house also. Would anyone else take the oppotunity to save the pennys or is it just too early ?

Well 7weeks is a bit early... I started about 9weeks even though that was early also!

you sound so prepared! definately feel like im slacking in having some sort of plan. unforunately dont qualify for it because i work 20 hours a week and as far as im aware your only entitled to it if you are on job seekers or income support, is that right? It is a shame the health in pregnancy grant has stopped it could have been very handy. On ebay i saw a breast pump and steriliser for only a few pounds each definately good bargains.

I can't quite remember, at the moment due to my sickness I'm on incapacity benefits, so I guess that's why I know of it more. It's always great to find a deal :D just have to be VERY cautious of the product history :)

I understand where you're coming from but I think you should wait. There'll be more bargains later on and right now there's plenty of time.

If you're really keen to get cracking now you could probably look on some free giveaway sites. Not sure what your location is as it doesn't say but I've given away nearly new or brand new unused baby things on freecycle before (I used to be a foster carer so had to have all sorts of bits and bobs and got rid when I didn't need them).

thank you everybody for your input. my friend told me about freecycle today actually i never heard of it before not alot in my area unfortunately. I suppose i can definately wait there will always be someone wanting to get rid of something cheaply, i think i could be a bit over excited as well to be honest lol! Thank you again :)

thank you everybody for your input. my friend told me about freecycle today actually i never heard of it before not alot in my area unfortunately. I suppose i can definately wait there will always be someone wanting to get rid of something cheaply, i think i could be a bit over excited as well to be honest lol! Thank you again :)

No problem, good luck! :D x

Well i went 2 america when docs said i was 6 wks (i was really only 4) and i cudnt resist. I bought maternity clothes, teddys, vests 4 baba and a 9 month xmas suit. I knew i was only 7 wks by time i came home but i just cudnt resist. My mum has bought 2 big boxes of nappys (over a 100 in each) bottles baby wipes, crib sheets. (its her 1st gchild) and ive bn given a brand new swinging crib, bouncer and buggy and am only 11+4, at 1st i was a little worried but i knw if anything bad was 2 happen (touch wood it doesnt) i wud try 4 another straight away and wud continue tryin until i get my perfect baba in my arms! So the things weved bought wud always b used at some point. Thats just my opinion tho, am holding out on the nursery stuff til at least 5 months when i knw what it is. X x

On freecycle I often think it's worth looking at surrounding areas as well as where you live as they're sometime busier.

Remember that you'll probably be given a lot of stuff too. Once you start telling people its amazing what people find in their cupboards and lofts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"