Too Early to Get Excited?

ashleynd

Reaction score
So this is my first pregnancy and I'm thrilled! I keep having people tell me not to be excited yet or to get my hopes up. Trying to avoid this negativity and I just want to be happy about it. Is that so wrong? I understand the first trimester is critical, but why shouldn't I be happy and positive about it?

Oh my God, screw them! Be happy get excited! I'm having my first as well and I haven't been able to stop jumping up and down since I found out at 5 weeks. I didn't wait the customary time period for keeping it a secret either... I mean who knows what might happen later, but I'm pregnant now and its a HUGE deal for us so by goley I'm gonna tell people. :)

Congrats!

what!!! who SAYS that to a pregnant woman?!?! That is so frustrating. For me its myself thats been the negative nancy telling people to calm down and if it was reversed I would be so saddened and upset. You should totally be excited, bc most likely your pregnancy WILL continue and then you will never be able to get these moments back. Truth is, anything can happen at any moment at any time at any age.... so are we not supposed to love our kids in case they god forbid die before "their time"? OR have friends bc they might die too? You have to enjoy this moments BECAUSE you don't know what tomorrow brings. I'm so sorry that you are getting this but congrats!!!!!! Have a healthy and happy nine months.

You absolutely should be thrilled! It's much better to be excited and happy than drowned with doubt! It is a reality that you are at a higher risk of miscarriage, the earlier you are in pregnancy, but you're ALWAYS at risk of SOMETHING. Enjoy the thrill of growing a new human inside of you and face challenges as they come up.

Thanks Ladies! I am excited and I'm really trying to keep the negativity out of my life. I want what's best for my baby and positive energy is where it's at!

I agree with you all- Be happy!!! Your life is going to be too full to fit in any negativity! Congratulations!

Enjoying or stressing aren't gonna change the outcome, so why not have fun? I celebrated from the start. As long as you're aware of the risks and not totally oblivious, I say enjoy it. This may be the riskiest part of pregnancy, but the odds are still in your favor.

You have no reason not to be excited! How rude of all those others to tell you not to get your hopes up yet! you don't need that negativity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->