Too early?

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
I feel I have been too impatient. :blush:

I have my private gender scan when I will be 16+5. Is there a chance, even if they got a good look, that they could get it wrong at this stage or with it being specifically a gender scan, will they not stop until they are 100% sure? I don't want to leave disappointed and £79 worse off!

i had one at 16 weeks with my last baby and they got it right. i had one at 16 weeks with this pregnancy too and was told we are having a girl, i had it confirmed at my 20 week scan too.
most private places have a policy where if they can't tell you the sex during your scan you will be invited back for a free re scan x

I had one at 16+6 and was told within seconds shes all girl hehe had it confirmed at 20 week scan too. Yep i heard they'll get you to walkaround have a drink n food try again, if still no luck they invite u back x

I think after 16 weeks the accuracy of gender scans is 90%.

So most likely will be correct!

I had one at 16 + 1 and they say its 95% 16+ weeks and 100% 20+ weeks x

There is a chance that they could get it wrong but generally, I don't think clinics would be offering it from 16 weeks if they couldn't be reasonably confident that it wasn't too early. If the baby is in the wrong position they might invite you back, or send you for a walk around or something. Can you have the result confirmed at your 20 week scan or does your hospital not allow that?
I do actually know a couple that got told at 20 weeks that they were having a little girl and at 40 weeks it was most definitely NOT a girl that was born!
Having said that, the sonographers do generally get it right, but remember it can never be 100%. Depends how good a view you get I suppose. Some scans are clearly 100% boy!

I had a scan at 15+5 due to cramping and after they checked bubs was fine we asked if she could tell the sex! She said it was too hard to give an accurate answer! Dunno about specific gender scans I'm sure if they dot know for certain they won't tell u? They wouldn't let u book it that early if they thought there was no chance of finding out either? Good luck Hun hope u get to find out xxxxx

Thank you. I am not sure about the 20 week scan, the way things went at the 12 week scan, I don't feel too confident with the hospital staff. I guess if I am unsuccessful with this one, I will have 3 weeks to get another chance, I can only ask. :)

I really want to book one of these! I could go on the Sunday before my holiday which is Sunday after this! Argh! I don't know if to chance it or not! OH wants to save the money.. But he's always been bit tight! Lol ;)

Good luck... Hope you find out and get a lovely confident answer! :)

It will be the same day as me! :happydance:

I think you should go for it! :winkwink:

I was told 100% girl at 16 weeks exactly, sonographer had a perfectly clear view. I agree with Kat that they wouldn't say 16 weeks onwards if they weren't confident they could be accurate. And it's always luck of the draw what position baby's in no matter how many weeks you are- my friend wasn't able to find out at 20 weeks as baby had her legs closed. I'd say it's worth a try and expect to be told the right thing. Chances are it will be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->