too hot..........anyone else??

timbawundakin

Reaction score
hi, i just need to hear from anyone else who is also having hot flushes?
i am now almost 38 weeks, have a head cold, feel like sh*t,too hot, feel out of breath and sick and lousy..... yuk!
anyone else?

just feelin sorry for meself and wanting some advice on how to prevent hot flushes.
have had paracetamol but dont want to overdo it with the pills.
any advice very welcome!!:cry:

k
xx

sorry you're feeling crappy hun :( it's not nice when you can't take about 50 ibuprohen or other meds!
(paracetamol never seems to help me!)

some advice on hot flushes if you are in bed... don't take all your covers off.. you'll just get cold when your temperature comes back down again. i used to take the quilt off but ended up shivering which made me feel more ill! though i've no advice for hot flushes during the day apart from having some water handy.

i get really hot in bed or if im walking for a long time in a shopping centre xxxx

aw thanx hun!
i will try anything.
i am desperate.
i am sweating the bed out every bloody night.
eeew!!!!!! i guess ill just drink lots of water today. might help.

k

xx

yeah water is always good, helps keep you from dehydrating too if you are sweating at night. keep it at your bedside :thumbup:

i used to get into bed and end up having to sit back up again because it felt like all my blood went to my head and i was going to explode haha! but i seem to have passed that stage now :) so hopefully you will too! x

I'm constantly hot!! and yeah definitely getting hot flushes as well... I don't know what to do about them at all except open the door and go sit outside for a few minutes!

Poor hubby is always freezing as I won't let him put the heating on! :) If I wasn't so lazy I'd probably try putting a cool washcloth on my head... but normally I just feel too yucky to move at all when I get them.

I've had a head cold for the past week as well! I've gotten to the point where I'm okay as long as I'm upright but as soon as I try to lay down my head fills with mucous and I can't believe! It'd driving me batty. It's hard enough to sleep with the bump and now I can't breathe? So fair.

I've not had a cold, but definately had the hot flushes, which is really odd cause I'm the type who is always freezing. Have no advice on how to manage them though, other than layer up so you can strip down when needed. I can't sleep without a fan on my face now though

I have had Hot Flashes for most of my pregnancy. When they get really bad I grab a wash cloth and wet it with cold water, then wipe my face and arms down, that seems to do the trick for me. That or I sit underneath the ceiling fan. Hope you feel better soon.

thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!

gonna try the cold washcloth idea. feeling a bit better today.
just want this baby out now ! hehe.....

k
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back