Too hot? Dangerous?

Dollybird

Mother of a beautiful boy
Reaction score
Ok so maybe daft but I'm worried about it. Met friends today for lunch and a walk round the botanics with our kids today. Anyways it's pretty ruddy hot. I felt hot the majority of it although not really uncomfy, but prob the last 45mins I started to feel like I really was beginning to overheat. My car was like an oven when I got in and took a good 10mins, plus an ice cream, for me to cool down with the air con on. Anyways now I'm stressing that I could've done baby damage as I know they advise you not to overheat especially in first tri. Can anyone offer any insight or reassurance?!! Xxx

You'll be okay! You're feeling especially hot because your BBT is much higher when pregnant as well. Just try and cool down as much as possible.

Summer will be over soon! Well, except for me. I'm in the land of endless heat. :hissy: :hugs:

AW thankyou! I was really starting to panic! I'm nice and cool now, won't be out in that heat again! Im up in Scotland so today will prob be our only day of summer :haha: xxx

I live where it's been consistently 98-100 and everything has been fine. Our bodies are pretty good at regulating temp. Just be sure to drink lots of water as dehydration would be my biggest worry!

I was like this the other week. I felt so ill with the heat and needed a cool bath to cool down! I had a scan a few days afterwards though and everything looked OK. I'm still stressing though, so I can understand your worry. I guess ppl do live in much hotter countries than the uk and have healthy babies

It'll be alright 😊 I had a horrific bout of flu/whatever it was (I didn't actually get diagnosed with anything) back in February when it was freezing here in the UK. I had this insane temperature that I was sat on a cold leather sofa sweating as if I'd just ran a marathon! My girl is all okay so don't stress :)

AW thankyou! I was really starting to panic! I'm nice and cool now, won't be out in that heat again! Im up in Scotland so today will prob be our only day of summer :haha: xxx

Im in scotland too, and was at the botanics in Glasgow yesterday. My car was so hot! But honestly it's nothing to worry about, just have a cool drink, baby will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->