too late?

sexymummy18

Mummy to kaydee :)
Reaction score
hi all :)
well i was just wondering if this is too late for kaydee to be going to bed..
i give her,her last bottle at 8:30pm,bath at 9pm,then put her to bed at 9:30pm usally she puts herself to sleep at 10ish???

All babies are different. Put her down when you feel she is ready. If you think this is too lte for her, trying movingit back by half an hour every few days and see how she handles it. It may be that she is happiest going to bed at this time. Oliver would go down really late when he was really small. It's only since we started weaning that he has what I class as a reasonable bedtime!!!

Dylan went to bed that late for a while. He let us know when he wanted to go to bed earlier. It started at10 then 9, then 8.30 then 8 and now its 7.30pm. He did it all himself really.

To be honest that sounds like what we did with ben and he slept thru the nite,do what you feels right and what you feel comfortable with!!

I think as long as little one isn't displaying obvious signs of being tired before this (ear rubbing,face rubbing,back arching,grumpy,hyper etc) then you should just go with the flow. Ellis is almost 7 months and she goes down between 6.30 and 7.30 and has done since about 6 weeks but i couldn't keep her up if i tried, in fact somedays i have to keep her up until 6.30!!

Evie was going to bed at between 10pm and 11pm when she was 2 months old. It's only really in the last few weeks that she's been going to bed before 10pm and she's always seemed to get on ok with it. Me and husband both felt we weren't getting enough adult time together though so gradually tweeked her bedtime earlier and now she's in bed between 8pm and 9pm.

If your LO and you are happy with her bedtime then it doesn't really matter what time it is at this point.

Lx

Hiya

Matilda is about the same age and until this week she was the same - I think that it's harder in summer to do it any earlier because time just slips by

Now she is 8 weeks we decided to start a routine and have been bathing her at 7.30pm, putting her down ASAP afterwards depending on feeding (I am breastfeeding on demand still). It worked for the first two nights but not since - my OH is upstairs at the moment trying to put her down and dinner is on hold!

It's good to hear that other babies have generally started to settle themselves early. I can relax now as I thought I was being a lazy parent going for the easy option of letting her go down when she wanted to.

Hope things are going well for you sexymummy

Hx

My LO was the exactly the same as you, but this past week he has been falling asleep any time between 6 and 8. So i've just been trying to watch him and see if there is a pattern to it, so I can get him into a routine of bathing at the same time. As long as you and your LO are fine with it then go with it. You mgiht find your LO brings her bedtme forward by herself

Hiya

Matilda is about the same age and until this week she was the same - I think that it's harder in summer to do it any earlier because time just slips by

Now she is 8 weeks we decided to start a routine and have been bathing her at 7.30pm, putting her down ASAP afterwards depending on feeding (I am breastfeeding on demand still). It worked for the first two nights but not since - my OH is upstairs at the moment trying to put her down and dinner is on hold!

It's good to hear that other babies have generally started to settle themselves early. I can relax now as I thought I was being a lazy parent going for the easy option of letting her go down when she wanted to.

Hope things are going well for you sexymummy

Hx

yeah things are going good thanks, she was a nightmare to get to settle last night because she had her first jabs yesterday.. and its sooo hot aswell even though i live on the coast! :(

Theakstons the same. He's normally awake from 4pm and has lots of feeds and a few changes and is generally a nuisance because he gets bellyache from trapped wind I think and gets himself all overtired, then he'll have little 10-20min naps on me after his feed. Then at 8.30pm I swaddle him and put Johnsons bedtime lotion on my chest so it soothes him and then he'll have a mammoth feed and go down anywhere between 9pm and 10pm. He went down at 8.30pm last night from his exhaustion but was up again at 9pm and again at 9.30pm and didn't actually go to sleep til about 10.30pm because he never got the "big" feed because he was overtired and in a tizz. He then sleeps til about 4am.

If it works for you then keep it. However, you'll probably find as she gets more active and older she'll gradually go to bed earlier. Most babies more than 5-6 months go to bed at about 7-8ish on BnB, but really if your baby goes to bed later and it fits your schedule then it's fine. I think 11-12 hours is what most babys sleep for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->