Too late?

MarieLyo

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi all,

If I got a positive OPK this morning around 6am, will tonight be to late to bd?

You need to remember that OPKs detect your LH surge, which happens 12-48 hrs BEFORE ovulation. So, you are good to keep BDing for up to the next 2 days. :)

In fact, I bet if you take another OPK tomorrow, you'll get another positive as most of us get 2 days of positives. :)

In the future, if you want to know for sure when you ovulate after your +OPK, I would suggest charting!

Thanks all!

Indeed, two days of positives! Hoping we did enough because today won't work to BD 😬

CD 14 - BD
CD 15 - BD
CD 16 - BD + OPK
CD 17 - + OPK, no BD

I know charting is there best method to detect ovulation but my DH thinks I get way to wrapped up in TTC. If I started chatting he would think I was going overboard. "Just let it happen naturally"...if he only knew 😉

Urgh my DH was the same way until I finally started going to a fertility clinic. Now I think he realizes that it wouldn't have happen naturally and he's just happy we're getting our little one with tooo much work!

Congrats sweet pea! Amazing news! Yes, my DH is amazing but he struggles to realize how much effort TTC really takes!

Thanks! Totally, men are silly sometimes. Let me know if you ever have any questions. I only got to the clomid stage but I still love talking about TTC:)

And you got all your days covered off. I think your timing is great!

Other girls gave great advice. Don't get caught up on getting it exact you are right on point and if I were you I would BD the night of (+) and then bc DH needs a day in between, a day later. My DH was the exact same way, he said it will happen when it happens....Well, after having my tests done, turns out that I have some issues. Now he is much more supportive, and involved with our fertility, and understands that sex doesn't always equal baby.... It's a male mentality, don't take it personal. Every other day during the fertile window should cover your bases though. GL :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->