Too many children ???

To me 4 is a lot, I am always amazed how people with even more cope. How do you even fit them all in one house? Remember all their appointments/activities? How do you even remember all their birthdays??! I really think they must be supermums! I know a lady with 5 boys and she is incredible - there is no way I could ever be that organised :blush:

I personally think 2 is enough but if we had a 3rd id have to go for a 4th cos i think kids should come in even numbers haha oh has an 8 year old brother and i feel as though he has 4 parents rather than 2 and a brother and sister. Any thing over 4 is crazy

I don't think 3 is too many. Generally everyone has their own idea of what makes a too large a family, personally I know families with 10-12 children and they manage nicely, and all of them are nice kids and they make it seems easy.
I only have 1 son and I'm a 30+ mom so I really hope I will have another soon, but I'm happy with this one too! I don't care whether my children are boys or girls.

We want at least 6 kids, but are open to having more. Where I live (Utah) big families are the norm. In fact, there's a lady up the street who has nine kids.

My OH and I are both 1 of 4.... So we would have 4.... if we could afford 4 lol! I think we will stop at 3 though! x

I don't see how 'too many kids' can be defined. :p For me, 1-2 is average, 3-4 is on the bigger side and 4+ is very big. Some days I'd love to have 4, some days 3 sounds great and others I'm just fine with 2! My feelings on it fluctuate, haha! If we had a house and a yard I don't think I'd be so hesitant for more.

Oh, I forgot! I've gotten that comment too - 'You're not going to have any more are you? Or are you going to try for a boy?' -_-

It kind of amazes me how people's definition of a "large family" changes depending on the times or where they live. A lot of people consider us to have a big family with 3 kids. Most people I know have 1 or 2. Growing up there was only one other "only child" in my whole elementary school.
My mom is one of 6, which seems like a big family now but wasn't considered that big in the 50s. My grandfather is one of 9 which seems like a circus troupe to me, but that was totally normal for farming families back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->