Too much ginger?

surprisepreg

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 10 weeks pregnant and getting over a nasty stomach virus. I lost a ton of fluids and the only thing I could keep down was reed's ginger beer. However, I read a little while ago that too much ginger in pregnancy is not good. The website I found said no more than 5 grams a day.

One bottle of reed's has 26 grams of ginger in it. I drank 2.5 bottles so waaaay more than 5 grams.

I was wondering what everyone else's experience with ginger is? Has anyone drank reed's ginger beer? Should I be concerned?

I had a miscarriage back in March so very nervous now.

Thanks in advance!

Laura

I never heard that. My first pregnancy I drank ginger ale all day long as well as ginger candies, they were the only things that settled my morning sickness. I've already been through half a case of ginger ale again this time and I'm not even 5 weeks yet!

I think - of course I'm not a doctor - but that if your nausea and vomiting were leaving you without much nutrition, anything that keeps you hydrated is much more important right now than drinking too much ginger. If you're worried, maybe after your stomach virus passes, you can try drinking less ginger beer and maybe try sucking on lollies or those ginger candies that Walmart sells in place of it. There isn't as much ginger in those so you won't have to worry about overdose but it should still be enough to keep the nausea at bay. I hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->