• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Too much of one food?

sazza

Reaction score
Lewis has struggled with weaning, as it seems he has quite a sensitive stomach. I started on baby rice/porridge, and went from that to home made fruit and veg purees, and jars of organic food. Yesterday, he had a Tommee Tippee tub of apple puree, a small plum yogurt, and a tub of veg puree (carrot, apple, celery and tomato) and last night he was in a lot of discomfort. I'm thinking I may have given him too much apple? Today, I gave him a yogurt in the morning and half the usual amount of veg puree and mixed with plain couscous. Tonight, I'm gonna give him some baby porridge for Dinner. Any advice? x

Have you tried giving him the different vegetables (or other food) one by one on their own and keeping a weaning diary? Maybe there's something in particular that doesn't agree with him? Maybe even the dairy element of the yogurt?

I doubt it would be a case of too much apple though.

We're struggling with weaning too, it's not going very well for us either :(. Missing the simple life of bottles only!

It could just be one food not agreeing with your LO and causing wind. My LO got terrible terrible wind after parsnip and I'll be avoiding that for a while.

Maybe don't mix things just yet so you can find out if anything particular disagrees with him. Also maybe mix everything with baby rice to 'bland' it out a bit while his tum gets used to fruit and veg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"