Too thick uterine lining ?

Lunabelle

Mother of one
Reaction score
I am on 9th day on stims for ivf and yesterday in the us my uterine lining was already 1,78cm. I am doing my follow ups in a different hospital and so the doctor didn't really comment on it much. I have another us tomorrow and will bring this issue up with the doc there but wondered if any of you had similar issues?

We started the cycle completely unexpectedly for me as it was after my actual period. I had a miscarriage which lasted for ever, for two months and apparently I had a period straight after. I went to the doc afterwards for a check up and they said I was ready for my new cycle. I brought my concerns up with them again at the hospital when I was collecting the meds and the nurse was saying that all my numbers were ideal for starting the treatment and she double checked with the doc about the thick uterine lining as it was already 8mm at that stage... He didn't look very happy with it and was thinking about it for very long until he said that we could go ahead and start the cycle.

I'm annoyed because I'v read that a thick uterine lining can mean another miscarriage... I don't understand why they rushed me to start the new cycle so soon if everything wasn't perfect? I would have been happy to wait rather than to start immediately after I had recovered from a difficult miscarriage.. I'm getting the feeling they don't really care wether i get pregnant but rather that they get the money... I don't really know much about any of this and they are supposed to be the experts and advise me. I feel like I can't fully trust them and I'm thinking of changing hospitals after this round..

Any of you have had a thick uterine lining and still ended up having a successful full term pregnancy? Anyone unhappy with the hospital they are being treated in?

I don't remember the exact measurements but during our IVF cycle my lining ended up very thick leading up to transfer. I was concerned as everyone commented on it but my RE said there's no such thing as "too thick" when it comes to an embryo snuggling in. As that cycle ended up in twins I tend to believe that's true.

I hope all has gone well the last couple of weeks for you and that you have success this round! If it doesn't, and you've lost trust, please don't hesitate to find a new facility. This is a hard enough thing to endure, you don't need to be questioning their motives on top of everything else :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->