Took a Cloth Diaper Tour!!!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I haven't posted here yet, but was wondering why there weren't many posts about cloth in the other forums - because they're all here!! :D
I have a question about cloth diapers generally. I am leaning toward the BG 3.0 for cloth - I checked out some of the other brands I have read about online, but many are not sold in Canada. People have been asking me what they can buy as a small gift (I have alot of student friends with not much $$) and I would like to say they can buy me a cloth diaper! They are a bit pricey for me to buy them all and I know I will need quite a few.
There is a place near me that will let you try out different brands for a week or 2, but that will only work for me once LO is here. Do you think I am crazy to ask for some BG 3.0 without ever trying them? Or should I wait? Another issue is that if I do wait, I won't be able to get some as gifts - which I could really use financially!
Last question - I am looking at the one size ones, but are they too bulky when LO is small?

Thanks for getting through this post LOL - longer than I meant to write! :D

xx

I think you best bet would be to ask for 1/2 of these nappies. They are pretty good but you might not like them or just not like the cloth nappy thing in general and then you'll be stuck with a pile of unused nappies. Could you ask for gift vouchers off these people for the store?

I think you best bet would be to ask for 1/2 of these nappies. They are pretty good but you might not like them or just not like the cloth nappy thing in general and then you'll be stuck with a pile of unused nappies. Could you ask for gift vouchers off these people for the store?

i was gonna say the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

sara

xxxxx

Do you have amazon (internet site) over there? As random as it is they sell nappies through their market place so you could ask for amazon vouchers if your store doesn't? (i presume amazon vouchers are stil reedemable through their stores, never done it myself)

Oh - look at me! I hadn't even thought of that! :dohh: Getting gift certificates is probably the best idea! Thanks girls!! I am not worried about cloth though - I am sure I won't use the disposables! Not only do I not want to use them, but my family and friends would disown me LOL!!!

xx

Where are you in Canada? I have ordered from parenting by nature, bouncing babies, fluffy bottom babies, and weecare diaper co. They have all been good with shipping. I have noticed some let you make a wishlist that you can email out to people. You might want to ask for a few different types and then decide which ones you like best once the baby is here and buy more of those ones yourself. I do have a variety of newborn diapers that I want to sell for cheap, PM me if you want them.

Hi amelia222!! :wave:

I am in Toronto! Thanks for the list of places to order from - I will check them out :D I did notice that ordering online is MUCH cheaper than going into a store - especially around here. Are the newborn sizes up to a certain weight? Judging my mine and OH's weights at birth (9lbs and 12.5lbs!!!!!) I am thinking my LO will be large. I am not buying too much small stuff LOLOL!!

xx

A place I have been checking out is The Cloth Diaper Shop. It is located in St. Catherines. (check them out online)

I am not even pregnant yet but have been researching cloth diapers ( I like to be overly prepared). I think I have already picked ones I may like.

I have heard a lot about One-size not fitting newborns, so I am even looking at the AMP Duo pocket diapers. They come in 2 different sizes. size 1 6-18lb and size 2 15-35lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->