Took Beechams powder tablets....dont think i was meant to!!!

Reaction score
How much harm would 2 tablets cause?!?

I'm so annoyed with myself. I feel absolutely rubbish with cold and sickness, they were the only thing available to me. I've then had a quick Google and from what I can see you shouldn't take them during pregnancy!!

I haven't googled, but I'd say don't worry too much. It's just the decongestant in them that u shouldn't take, and I think two tablets won't harm. If you want some medical reassurance then phone NHS direct, it's always best to put your mind to rest. Have a honey and lemon drink to help u feel better during your cold (if u like it lol). Try not to worry too much. :hugs:

I'd honestly say there's no need to worry since it was just one dose. You could call your doctor if you're really concerned though. I made the mistake is taking mucinex, which is ok while pregnant, not realizing it was the mucinex with Dextromethorphan which you're not supposed to take. I've been reassured that it's ok especially since I only took it once and it was half a dose. But it's still very scary knowing you did something that's not recommended while you're trying to do what's best!

Thanks both for your replies!!
Hopefully as it was just the one dose it wont cause any issues! If only they made a wonder drug for pregnant ladies that made us feel well. Sickness and flu don't mix well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->