• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Took last pill today, wtt December.

choc

Reaction score
I took my last pill today to give me a few months to get my cycle back on track and get to know it a bit! I had never been on the pill before I had my first so I am a bit nervous about how my body will get back to normal.
Anyone waiting til December or just finished their pill?

Good luck! I found my body went right back to normal after being on the pill for 6 years; I got pregnant on my second cycle off. So if you're not looking to get pregnant before December, you might want to consider other ways of protection. :flower:

I'm on my last pack for this prescription... so very tempted to just switch to NTNP next month once it's done. I keep going back and forth over it!

Im hoping my cycles get back to normal straight away but definitely don't want to be pregnant til December, so thanks for the tip!
Good luck deciding on ntnp! Was there a reason you were going to wait 4 months?

Hello! I've just come off the pill almost 2 weeks ago. I had a very long and heavy withdrawal bleed the day after I took my last pill. Now hoping mine go back to normal quickly! We are NTNP at the moment.

Hi Buffy, I am really not looking forward to withdrawal bleed or regular periods either! I hope they aren't too bad.

Hi Buffy, I am really not looking forward to withdrawal bleed or regular periods either! I hope they aren't too bad.

It's been quite a few years since I went on the pill, and this is my first time ever coming off it. I wonder what my "actual" periods will be like. I remember them being quite heavy before BCP. Although I'm not looking forward to it, it will mean that everything should be back to at least normal-ish once they return :)

Honestly I didn't have a whole lot of trouble coming off the pill. I got a bfp three cycles after my last pack. My periods weren't that much different either. Just keep track of your cycle for a few months afterward and yes definitely use a different type of protection if you don't want to conceive until December.

Your periods should return to what they were pre-pill. :)

There is no big reason why we're waiting; the beginning of the year is just the timeframe we came up with last year when we were discussing the next one. I was hoping to be at my goal weight of 120 before getting pregnant and stretching my stomach out again, but I'm happy at 127!

There is no big reason why we're waiting; the beginning of the year is just the timeframe we came up with last year when we were discussing the next one. I was hoping to be at my goal weight of 120 before getting pregnant and stretching my stomach out again, but I'm happy at 127!

Yeah, I've heard this, but then I've also heard other stories about how they don't return for up to 12 months and things like that! I would be devastated.

Yeah, I've heard this, but then I've also heard other stories about how they don't return for up to 12 months and things like that! I would be devastated.

I think that's more common with the Depo shot, but of course every woman is different so I'm sure there are some that experience a longer delay than the normal couple of months. :)

This thread has reassured me a but, I'm coming off after 9yrs in November and ttc straight away (December), never had issues with my cycles but never really paid that much attention all those years ago and 9yrs I hope I get things back ok. I've heard that the pill doesn't actually affect it but it just masks any issues that could be there. Think real period after all these years of withdrawal will be a shock!

This is number 2 for me. The first time round I was not and had never been on the pill so we just decided to ttc, I was ovulating a week after we decided and then got a bfp, three weeks after we made the decision to Have a baby! It was all so easy and I am obviously hoping for that again! So I have stopped the pill now, got 3 months to get my body back to normal so I know when I am ovulating etc and then we can go for it in December and hopefully get lucky like last time!

Ooh good luck, I'm really hoping it happens quickly for us but after 9yrs who can tell!?

What pill were you taking? I'm a but worried about what coming off (cilest) will do. Are you taking any pre natal or folic acid yet?

I am December too choc! Not too long now :D

What pill were you taking? I'm a but worried about what coming off (cilest) will do. Are you taking any pre natal or folic acid yet?

I'm taking prenatal vitamins. Almost for a month now! I've come off microgynon.

I was on millinette spicyorange. Started getting a few period cramps already this evening. I started taking folic acid this morning, not sure whether to start a prenatal. I can't for the life of me remember what I did last time!

Hi jaspie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"