Took the plunge...

LiLi2

Reaction score
And bought a Sonoline B doppler. It should be here this week. I am pretty early, 8 weeks tomorrow, so probably won't hear anything for a bit. Any tips on how to use it? When did you first hear baby's HB with a doppler?

No tips on how to use it, but I just got one too! It should be here in a few days. Not expecting to hear anything right away, but I will still search! lol. If you go on youtube, there are a lot of videos showing how people find the hb early on. They have like tutorials to explain what to do. I hope we both hear the heartbeat at home soon :happydance:

Yay! Good luck! Keep me posted on your search! :)

It worked for me at 9 weeks. I found the hb at first try, but after much searching and patience. Just remember, baby is sooooo low right now so start just above the bone

Thanks Imaswimmer :) Good tip!

Will do, MrsGax! It should arrive on Thursday :)

I've never used one but take your pulse first so you know it's not that that your hearing

I just heard mine at 11 weeks on Friday but then I couldn't find it last night when I tried again. It's a good idea to put it on your chest to hear how fast you heartbeat it, babies is a lot quicker. Sometimes I can hear a swooshing noise down there which I can tell is my hb I guess in an artery or something down there. Then I hear a lot of gurgling going on in my intestines! I've been trying since about 8 weeks and tried a couple of times a week, tip I heard it at 11. I think I have been hearing baby moving about, but it could just be my lunch digesting lol! Just put it really low down, I usually start just above pubic hair line and then just move it around slowly.

I got mine yesterday at 10+2 and found it quick.. now that I know where it is I can find it pretty quick..its so amazing..tips...this early..its super low..I have my wand placed right above my pubic line..so not over any hair but super close and almost directly under my belly button..then kinda tilt to the right or left till you hear it!

I also have the sonoline b, i got it when I was 8+6 but didn't hear the heartbeat until 9+2. My tips are: use plenty of gel, try really low down and rotate the probe full 360 degrees as just a slight movement can make all the difference, try on a full bladder, empty bladder, first thing in morning, last thing at night, empty stomach etc all these things can make a difference and different people find it best at different times of the day, above all - don't panic if you can't find it! It's totally normal not to find it well into the 2nd trimester which is why midwives won't try listening until the 16 week appt. Good luck :)

So I just remembered that with my last MC, the tech did an abdominal US and could not even see the right side of my uterus cause I have had my appendix removed and there is some scar tissue... does that mean that I might not be able to hear anything with the doppler? Or let's hope the baby is on the left side? Or do I have to press hard? Too bad they don't have one to go in the vagina to listen :haha:

Btw... how *hard* do you actually press down? Can you damage anything by pushing too hard? Just trying to prepare myself so I hopefully am successful :)

I was wondering the same thing about how hard to press.

Thanks for all the great tips, guys :)

I only had to put slight pressure and baby is either a little left or right of my belly button above pubic line hope this helps...wish I could video chat and show ya lol

Just wanted to let you know... This doppler is amazing!!!! I found the HB within 2 minutes! I started at pubic bone and searching around for the wooshing sound wish I know is not the HB, it is like blood flow or an artery or something and twisted slowly searching around for a second... and waited and then heard the slightest gallop sound and pushed a little harder and there is was! I am not sure if it is completely accurate with the bpm but it ranged between 150-165 ish. I think once the baby gets a little bigger, it will measure more accurately, but is was sooooo fast. Literally sounds like a gallop. Soooo happy!!!!:happydance:

Just curious where you buy them, and how much?

Just wanted to let you know... This doppler is amazing!!!! I found the HB within 2 minutes! I started at pubic bone and searching around for the wooshing sound wish I know is not the HB, it is like blood flow or an artery or something and twisted slowly searching around for a second... and waited and then heard the slightest gallop sound and pushed a little harder and there is was! I am not sure if it is completely accurate with the bpm but it ranged between 150-165 ish. I think once the baby gets a little bigger, it will measure more accurately, but is was sooooo fast. Literally sounds like a gallop. Soooo happy!!!!:happydance:

Mine came today, too! It took me probably 15-20 minutes of searching because I was convinced baby was on the left for some reason, then I thought "wow, I haven't even checked the right!" and sure enough, after 2-3 minutes of searching on the right side, there it was! It registered at about 160-165. I tried to find it again to record it for OH, but no luck. Will try again tonight.

Probably a silly question, but can you use it too much? I already used it for 20 minutes today.. if I try again when OH gets home in a couple hours, will that be ok for baby?

Jenmcn1: I got mine off ebay

Probably a silly question, but can you use it too much? I already used it for 20 minutes today..

I asked my OB this, and he said it's perfectly safe and even that he and his wife used it all the time for their kid. Baby doesn't like it, however, because it's loud for him/her, so I recommend you keep it short and sweet. I used it every day with my son until I could feel him moving regularly, and he's fine.

Mine came today, too! It took me probably 15-20 minutes of searching because I was convinced baby was on the left for some reason, then I thought "wow, I haven't even checked the right!" and sure enough, after 2-3 minutes of searching on the right side, there it was! It registered at about 160-165. I tried to find it again to record it for OH, but no luck. Will try again tonight.

Probably a silly question, but can you use it too much? I already used it for 20 minutes today.. if I try again when OH gets home in a couple hours, will that be ok for baby?

Jenmcn1: I got mine off ebay

Yay!!! I am so happy for us!!!! OMG so I went searching again too to try out the diff modes 1,2,3... and took me like 20 mins to find. I had a full bladder and had to empty it out, once I did, I found it in like 2 mins. I think it moves away from it though cause I was not moving and suddenly it would get fainter/disappear and I would move the doppler over and find it somewhere else a little over lol. I am only using it 1 more time tonight for DH but ahhhh. So happy. On setting 1, it went up to 180 bpm but back to like 170, 165 ish... do you know what the different settings are for?? I am going to look it up.

And as far as using it too much, I think that it should be okay, but I am going to *try* to only use it about 1-3 times per week. Once I feel the baby move, I will not use it often. If I could own an ultrasound machine in the house, I totally would. :haha: But I just need that reassurance after my previous losses. I am so very happy. I could cry. :cloud9::happydance:

I tried again for OH and couldn't find it :( oh well. We will try again tomorrow.

Mine has a manual and three settings also..don't know if the same .but 1 is the actual bpm and one I always use..2 is an average and three don't ever show anything its manual or something..my babys hb is always170-175 on setting one .I know in the next few weeks it should slow down dome . In the early weeks anythung from 170-200 is great .yall try setting 1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->