Top Things NOT to say to a Pregnant Woman/Tiny Weight Rant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Sweetpea7830, Oct 7, 2008.

1. HannahGraceee

HannahGraceee *Hanny Spammy*

i always say to my boyfriend do you think my bumps getting big, and his like no its just food fat :( annoys the hell out of me lol

2. Sweetpea7830

Sweetpea7830 Well-Known Member

LMAO!

I get this too...he doesn't say it often but every once in a while there's a slight reference to me being pregnant and me being upset on something. It's so frustrating - just what you said - I have lost all right to be upset on anything once the egg was fertilized! ;)

3. Sweetpea7830

Sweetpea7830 Well-Known Member

LOL! No joke, especially since I have not been a particularly possessive food person or particularly hormonal...seriously.

That, and my other favorite is the people who think you can still do EVERYTHING until the actual day the baby pops out. As in, that you're perfectly 100% capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound until you actually go into labor. :p

4. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

Its funny that hearing how small we are is rude and annoying. I get this A LOT.

I get "are you realllyyy pregnant?" (no Im pretending..and planning to smuggle a watermelon in my pants for the next 3-4 months!)

"Shouldnt you be BIGGER by now" (shouldnt you know to keep your opinions to yourself by now?!)

"Most people wouldn't even notice you are pregnant" (so they would just think Im getting fat?)

"You are still sexy and hot" (geez thanks postman..)

5. Shifter

Shifter Guest

LOL! Very true.

But also the opposite is really annoying. I've had these gems in the last couple of days:

"Don't go stretching to take any curtains down!" - my mum, re: the upcoming move.

and

"Have a good weekend. Rest up, take it easy." - my boss.

I'm not an invalid! I have no intention of going up and down step ladders to take curtains down, or lifting any heavy boxes, but it's not like all I can do for the next five months is sit on the sofa with my feet up!

6. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

I am sick of the invalid comments, like 'dont walk on the tread mill' 'take it easy at the weekend' 'dont go near the dog' 'wash your hands 3 millions times a day' :dohh:

7. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

yeah, I think the invalid ones are annoying, like 'oh you must be going home because you are very tired'
    No, actually i am going home because your party is very boring. But in the name of tact and diplomacy, I am prepared to blame my extremly early departure on peanut (who is partly to blame, since my sobriety is enhancing the dullness of your friends. Escape, escape!!!

8. Shifter

Shifter Guest

:rofl: