Toronto, anyone?

daneuse27

Reaction score
Would love to connect with some fellow BnBers in Toronto or surrounding areas! I live north of the city, depending on where others are maybe we could compromise on somewhere in between. :flower:

Mississauga here :)

What area do you live in? I'm assuming not Mississauga as I'm pretty sure I'm not north :haha: (I did not grow up here so excuse my terrible knowledge of where cities are :lol:)

We do occasionally get up to the zoo though if you ever want to do a meet? We have a zoo pass so plan to be there a lot in the summer.

(I don't have a car but we rent once or twice a month to shop and do activities with the kids)

Zoos a great idea! I had been wanting to take LO there this summer. I live about 40 mins north of Mississauga.

I seem to remember talking to you, and a few other Toronto area ladies back in the winter and thinking about a meet up? I wasn't around here back then though so couldnt make it. Did you ladies end up doing anything?

I actually have a few members here that I get together with on a regular basis :)

Weekends better for you?? (Not sure if you work?) Generally I do things on the weekends because my husband is the one who drives :haha: (I refuse to drive in TO) but may be going to the zoo with another girl off of here in June mid-week.

Not sure we'll be able to make June otherwise, have a really busy month planned but possibly mid July or August? July it would be the 19-21 and August the 16-18

Nope, I don't work, and I do have a car so any time works for me. :)

okay. Why don't we aim for sometime that weekend in July? There's a nice water area for the kids that they can run around in after (we usually take them to see animals first and water park last because it's easier to bribe Hannah to be good :haha:).

And this way if July ends up not working out we can try for August.

Maybe the Friday so it won't be as busy?

That sounds good to me! And the Friday sounds like a good plan also. :)

After dealing with a grumpy/screaming baby on a week day trying to get home from the zoo I think it might be better to go on Saturday or Sunday to avoid the traffic :lol: Do either of those days work for you? (20th or 21st)

I'm also from the GTA so will keep my eyes on this thread. I am only WTT though~

No problem stiletto mom! Everyone's welcome. :flower:

Vickie - do you think the traffic would be better on a weekend? I would've thought the zoo would be more crowded and the traffic around it being worse..

Also how old is your baby? My daughter will be nearly 11 months by then, and I learned yesterday that she HATES sitting in a stroller all day lol. I might need to make time to sit down on some grass with her and let her move around a bit :) Are there places to do that at the zoo? (Havent been there in years.) If so maybe we could do a little lunch picnic?

actually traffic on the weekends is MUCH better and the zoo is so big that as long as we stay out of the pavilions it shouldn't be to crowded.

I have a 5 year old and a 13 almost 14 month old and we don't move that fast :rofl: Rhys doesn't care to be in the stroller overly long either and Hannah likes to climb............everything.

Lots of open areas in the zoo to walk around in/let them sit (well mine don't sit :rofl:) at etc.

They have a water area there so if it's nice out we can take them there (we usually go at the very end). They also have a kids zoo area (which might be busier than the other areas) but there's a sand area for them if it's not to crazy haha. There's also a carousel (though you do have to pay for that) that we usually hit at the end.

And yes definitely pack a picnic lunch we always do :) It's easier and we generally just make a day of it and leave whenever the kids start to get overly tired/cranky :)

Everyone is welcome! If you are interested stilleto? :)

just wondering if we are still on?......

and what day is better for you. We can try Friday but I'd imagine we'll need to leave around 2 to beat the traffic. It's pretty miserable being stuck in a car with Rhys :rofl:

I'm in. I can do Friday or Saturday, whichever is best for others. :)

Okay let's go for Saturday morning say around 10ish? We may be able to do earlier depends on when the kids get up and around :rofl: What time would work best for you??

Meet in the entrance in front of the carousel? You can't miss it you walk in and it's right there.

<--that's me and my youngest in my avatar. We have a lime green and black Joovy. And I can PM you my cell # as well if that'd make it easier?

Sorry for late reply! I'm still on for this Saturday if you are?

Its hard to say what time is best. I think that since V tends to wake up between 8- 9:30 these days, a bit later for us might be better. We could alwys meet you if you're going earlier. What time will you be there until?

we will make a day of it so go home when the kids start to melt down likely 3-4ish?

I'll PM you my cell now :) and you can text us when you get there and we will meet you in front of the carousel.

My two get up at 6 :roll:

Hope you ladies were able to meet up! &#128512;, sorry, I was just looking for someone in toronto, I'm 7 weeks and my Dr told me to find an obstetrician. I'd like the best of the best. I've had two previous chemicals. I have one ovary, and one small fibroid still present, and just want the best possible care. Can anyone refer someone? Thanks

Hope you ladies were able to meet up! &#128512;, sorry, I was just looking for someone in toronto, I'm 7 weeks and my Dr told me to find an obstetrician. I'd like the best of the best. I've had two previous chemicals. I have one ovary, and one small fibroid still present, and just want the best possible care. Can anyone refer someone? Thanks

I went to the Women's College hospital for my pre-natal appointments. They were busy (as I imagine any clinic in Toronto being) but wonderful. They were so personable and friendly. Felt very comfortable with them.
WCH doesn't do deliveries at their clinic, they do them at Sunnybrook. I'd say it was a good experience there too. No complaints really. Feel free to PM if you need more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->