Total stranger hurt my feelings

the very same thing happened me today, i said somthing about being pregnant and the woman at the checkout said "you dont look pregnant".. and i was so happy about my little bump while i was walking around, i think i do look pregnant so thats all that matters... just ignore people like that, either they dont realise their being rude or their just assholes that dont deserve a second thought xx

it's the hormones. =)
it's making us vulnerable and sensitive. Let's not worry about it.
I would rather have a smaller bump, i am 16weeks now and my mom is saying i look small everyday. but my baby growth size is just up to date and perfect. my doctor said she is growing strong (despite me having bad sickness).

I'd rather not get any bigger than i am. I take when people say i don't look 22 weeks as a compliment. I know my LO is doing fine because he never cease to stop kicking and moving.

IT's amazing how stupid people are. No reason to take offense or be hurt by such a dumb woman. A slightly unrelated example - when DD was a newborn we had her at a store in her car carrier. Someone came over and peeked at her and says - "awww she's so cute and so small - she doesn't even have her eyes open yet - just like a little kitten!". LIke she really thought newborns still had their eyes shut like kittens?? It was such a weird thing to say lol.

Someone told me the same thing the other day and I said: I guess that is a good thing. I must have not gained a lot of weight and hopefully it make it easier for me to go back in shape after the baby:). He said that one of his coworkers had a bigger belly than I did :dohh:.

Allow yourself to feel the hurt of the comment hon & then just shrug it off....Does she know you & your body? No. Does she know the details of your pregnancy? No. Sometimes people are just so that they say to themselves "I'm gonna piss someone off today" & unfortunately it was your turn. Don't let yourself be the victim of someone else's spite xxx :)

hi love your profile piccy i have horses aswell, look hun dont worry about it woman behind till obviously bit thick and put her foot in it if you do happen to go back to shop i would purposefully go to her till and ask her how long she was mid wife for that should shut her up, everyone has so much to say about pregnant people it really grates on me, men especially and if they give you any lip about being pregnant just say this " when you can carry a baby full time then you can lecture me on how it should be done" us pregnant ladies are more sensitive during this time, im not saying your being over sensitive at all, ive had my moments to but try to let it go over your head , everyone carries totally different and everyone shows differently so dont start comparing your bump to other bumps my lovely you will go mad with all the opinions!:wacko:

Ignorance at it's best. SMH Don;t allow that to get to you, doll. She was clearly an idiot.

If you're really upset, you could call and speak to a manager and just tell him/her generally that the cashiers should be asked to be sensitive in commenting on customers' physical appearances. I'm sure it's the kind of thing they'd bring up at a staff meeting if they got complaints.

Don't worry about her. Some people are rude and don't even know it. Maybe she though she was giving you a compliment on how small you are. :shrug:
I had a (very rude) man look at me last night (at work) and say "I think you might be pregnant girl" I looked right back at him and said "You know what, you might be right. I'll go to the drug store after work and get a pregnancy test".

I can see this from both aspects I suppose. Idk if she was trying to be rude on purpose or not. It did hurt my feelings, but I think a lot of that is maybe my fault for worrying so much. At LO's last appointment he was a few days behind according to my doc tape measuring me. I swear I haven't grown in these past two weeks since, and I don't have another appointment for two more weeks. When she said that it really made me think that maybe he isn't growing anymore, maybe I'm not as big as I should be, so it really got to me. I've known woman who lied about being pregnant, especially my DH's second ex wife. She was claiming that a lot when he kicked her out as a reason to get back into his life. (She's a known drug addict) anyways, I still wouldn't ask somebody "if they were sure they were pregnant", even if I knew they were lieing. I just can't be that rude in regards to pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->