Totally confused! Help!

littlegirl87

Mother of 1 little girl
Reaction score
So I normally ovulate on CD 18 or 19. Have been doing SMEP this month and pretty much stuck too it, only missed one day.

So Monday, I got my first + OPK. Also that morning I had a SUPER low temp but thought nothing of it. We had :sex: that night and then Tuesday I had another + OPK which again is normal. Then yesterday (Wednesday) I had another + OPK which is also pretty normal as I should have ovulated either last evening or during the night. My temp this morning was up to where it normally would be post O, but then FF says all of a sudden that I am 3DPO today??? Due to that temp drop on CD16. However, that was only my first + OPK and I always at least have 2 + ones before I O.

SO what does this mean?? Could I have ovulated twice 2 days apart? and if so our :sex: is all over the place as far as accuracy on timing??

I am just so confused....I turned my chart on FF to go by OPK because it threw me off so much...so I either ovulated on CD16 if I go by temp or CD 18 if I go by OPK's and my normal post O temps?

Can someone please look at this and give me some insight?! It's totally throwing me for a loop!

I also wanted to add that I have been taking Metformin for a year, but this cycle I added Vitex and Vit B as my LP has been kind of short and wanted to lengthen it and then also because I have heard amazing stories with Vitex. I have been ttc for a year now and am just perplexed at this situation.

Also this is our first cycle trying preseed....just some extra info that might help!

Here is my link to see my charts from previous months if that would help more as well!
thank you!

<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dffaf">My Ovulation Chart</a>

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dffaf

This is actually the one that works! Sorry!

I'm sorry that I don't have much to say to help on this as I have never done temping, but I used OPKs and all my pregnancies and found that if we DTD on the day of or the day before the +OPK, then we got pregnant! I swear by them and have never felt the need to temp as well. That's just me though.

It seems as though you and your partner timed your BD-ing well regardless of the conflicting information on FF, so keeping my fingers crossed for you for your BFP!

I'm sorry that I don't have much to say to help on this as I have never done temping, but I used OPKs and all my pregnancies and found that if we DTD on the day of or the day before the +OPK, then we got pregnant! I swear by them and have never felt the need to temp as well. That's just me though.

It seems as though you and your partner timed your BD-ing well regardless of the conflicting information on FF, so keeping my fingers crossed for you for your BFP!

Thank you! We are so hopeful, but then I am all thrown off by this. It is possible to have 2 days of + OPK's after you ovulate?

In my experience, ANYTHING is possible! Two consecutive days of +OPK is completely normal, and I would guess that, due to sensitivities of tests etc, three days would totally be possible too. Remember that sperm cdan live happily for up to 7 days, so don't panic! LOL - as if we do anything BUT panic in the TWW!

Keep me posted!

In my experience, ANYTHING is possible! Two consecutive days of +OPK is completely normal, and I would guess that, due to sensitivities of tests etc, three days would totally be possible too. Remember that sperm cdan live happily for up to 7 days, so don't panic! LOL - as if we do anything BUT panic in the TWW!

Keep me posted!

I'm trying not to panic but like you said it is difficult! I really feel that I ovulated yesterday, but if I did ovulate Monday I am just wondering why I would have more + OPK's after ovulation as usually once I ovulate they are no longer +??

Ugh hopefully it works out! Thank you for your help! I will definitely let you know if anything happens! haha :hugs:

Opk just shows LH (lutenising hormone) which has built up in your system. The lh, normally triggers your body to release the egg and start the luteal phase of your cycle. Perhaps the lh is staying in your system a bit longer? the egg might be a day or 2 later? There could be many reasons your body is continuing the lh surge. Continue with you smep and remember that it only takes one swimmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->