Totally gutted :-((

Macmad

Happy mum of 2!
Reaction score
Saw my OB/Gyn today and we talked about the birth. And she said that because of my pre-clampsia
In previous pregnancy if I don't go into natural labour before 38 weeks then I will have a scheduled C section. I'm so gutted! I really wanted to try for VBAC and at least get chance to go to 40 weeks. They do tend to be c section happy here in Saudi and probably erring on the side of caution. It's too late to change Dr and to be honest I'd probably get same response. Just need to get my head round it, I really really wanted a natural birth. Feeling ****ed off right now and could cry :-((

All hope isn't lost, hun! You could still go naturally hopefully just a day or 2 before your c-sec.... :hugs: I hope you get what you want

Aw that's horrible when you're hoping for a vaginal delivery :( but the complications of pre eclampsia are as I'm sure you know more than anyone-terrible. And for baby's and your safety if a section is needed then at least you will have the peace of mind of you both being safe and healthy. That said, keep hoping that the baby decides to make an appearance before 38 weeks ;) get on that birthing ball in front of the tv from 37! Lol! Xx

Oh no! I can't believe they'll automatically do a c-section even if you're not showing signs of pre-e this time :(. Really hope you go into labour naturally before your section :hugs:

Oh no! I can't believe they'll automatically do a c-section even if you're not showing signs of pre-e this time :(. Really hope you go into labour naturally before your section :hugs:

Yeah I know it's a total bummer! Not really much I can do abut it,no use kicking up a stink as they'd just tell me to go elsewhere :-( all medical is private here but still doesn't mean you get to choose. They are quite set in ways when it comes to birth, and not very 21st century..... Fingers crossed I may go into natural labour before c section.

How are you anyway Ellie? Not long for you now :) xx

Really?? That is such a bummer. Have you had high bp this time yet? I had pre-e last pregnancy too, but so far so good. I didn't develop it until close to 36 weeks, so I know there is still that chance, but I'm feeling better this time with no swelling at all. My doctor scheduled my C-section for 39 weeks, and is optimistic I'll make it to that date! Hope you go in to labor before then!

My BP has been fine so far this time. Last time it shot up very quickly and protein in urine within a week at 34 weeks but I was feeling like poo all the way through my last pregnancy. I know this time I feel much better but they just aren't prepared to let me take any risk whatsoever! I do feel cheated and can only pray that I go into natural labour before c section. I can always live in hope :) x

:hugs: I'm sorry you might not get your VBAC. I also had pre-e last time so have been told there's no way I can have my water birth. I understand how gutted you must be. Really hope it happens naturally for you before your c-section :flower:

Saw my OB/Gyn today and we talked about the birth. And she said that because of my pre-clampsia
In previous pregnancy if I don't go into natural labour before 38 weeks then I will have a scheduled C section. I'm so gutted! I really wanted to try for VBAC and at least get chance to go to 40 weeks. They do tend to be c section happy here in Saudi and probably erring on the side of caution. It's too late to change Dr and to be honest I'd probably get same response. Just need to get my head round it, I really really wanted a natural birth. Feeling ****ed off right now and could cry :-((

This is so sad to read :nope: I had pre-e with my last pregnancy too - induced to deliver urgently at 36 weeks. Im currently just over 30 weeks with my second now and no sign of it yet (although baby is measuring a bit small which they are monitoring... so am desparately wanting a natural birth.....I know exactly what you must be feeling right now. Im so sorry they have this mind set over there. Its a bit ridiculous to be honest. Why they cant monitor you often and let you go full term and naturally is beyond me. The liklihood of it happening again is quite slim, yes it could happen, but rushing into a c-section seems so unnecessary as a 'precautionary' measure. Really gets my goat when they want to interfere like this without any medical evidence of anything going wrong.
Anyway, sorry to rant, I just feel for you because I know how strongly I personally feel about it this time.
Here's hoping you get your dream, and that baby of yours decides to greet you a little bit before your c-section :happydance: Come on bubs!!!! Wishing you all the luck in the world! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->