Totally sick of it!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Mamatastic, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Mamatastic

Mamatastic Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps telling me I am having a huge baby - at least a 10 pounder!! I have gained a lot of weight but why does that mean I'm going to have a massive baby? I'm so scared of the birth anyway and this is making it worse!!

Sorry to rant on but I'm getting annoyed now and had to get it off my chest!!

2. Lizzie Lou

Lizzie Lou Well-Known Member

Oh hun don't worry about it too much - my mum said that when she was pregnant with my sis everyone (even dr's and mw's) said the baby was going to be huge but she turned out absolutely tiny! Just ignore them! xxx

3. cooney

cooney Well-Known Member

One of my friends was HUUUUGGGGGEEE. She claimed she had not gained any weight (which was a complete lie because she looked 3X's the size she used to) Her belly seemed to be the whole front of her body. By far the biggest pregnant woman I have ever seen. (as far as big belly, not that she was overweight) Her baby was 8lbs. So it means nothing.

4. kiki

kiki Mum to Kirsty and Caidan

Hon, with my DD I put on at least 3 stone, had the hugest bump imaginable but my DD weighed just 6lb 2 oz. Please dont worry yourself!!!

xxx

5. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I put on 4 stone with second son,everyone said he would be huge.
    He was 7lb 3oz.
    I held lots of water,thats what it was.

6. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Just wanted to say my eldest son has his birthday July 4th :happydance:
    Sorry OP togo off topic xxx

7. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

everyone said this to me hun docs people the lot so they took him out early n he was only bloody 6lb 10oz...so dont listen to em xx

8. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

i must go against everyone and say with 1st son i went from 13st to 17st and he weighed 9lbs 3.5oz!

reguardless of what anybody else says, what you have you have and no matter how much baby weighs that baby will still be tiny to you, not to mention the most beautiful lil babe ever (even if like my lil one they are bruised with a squashed head and nose!:lol:) oh and as for being scared of a maybe big baby don't worry i only had a 3rd degree graze - no stitches, no tares, nosoreness... i felt fab! honestly.

don't worry your body knows what you can cope with :)

xXx

9. Missy85

Missy85 Well-Known Member

Take no notice hun!!!!

People are saying im big but i just think it could be a lot of fluid!! And also since when to people compare enough pregnant women to make that assumption!!! Sorry mini rant hehe

10. Bubby09

Bubby09 Mum to 3 and expecting #4

I always carry quite small and the midwives told me my third baby was just average size. She was 10lb 4! I dont think the amount of weight you do or dont put on makes much difference to how big the baby will be. Am small this time round too but am still having a scan at 36 weeks to see how big she is with the possibility of being induced at 37 wks if she is above average.

11. Taranboo

Taranboo Well-Known Member

Ignore everyone hun...

Everyone keeps saying I am huge for my weeks, even OH's sister who is a maternity nurse.. she said last week 'how many you got in there?' My OH said 'I know, I'm sure another one is hiding from the scans' She said 'another one??? I think there must be four hiding!!!' Cheeky cow...!

I have put on weight and am carrying a lot of water but it is all good for my LO. My MW is not concerned about my weight and says my bump is lovely. I'm keeping my LO well protected and warm and she is loving it!

xx

12. Incubator

Incubator Well-Known Member

the baby's size is measured (not very accurately...) by the fundal height (from pubic area to top of bump) and by growth scans. The amount of weight you put on during pregnancy isn't really an accurate indicator to size of baby. Ask your midwife to measure the fundal height to give you a better idea. My bump was huge but I didn't put much weight on anywhere else and my daughter was almost 10 pounds.

try not to worry.

13. princessttc

princessttc Well-Known Member

My friend only put on 8kg... her baby was 4.5kgs..:rofl:

she looked so tiny, even as she was due,,,

so i think it has nothing at all to do with it!

14. Mamatastic

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try and ignore it now as I saw MW this morning and she said that the growth is average for this stage and doesn't think that it will be a huge baby at all but they will obviously keep an eye on it and if it gets nearer the time and they suspect a big un' they will do a scan to check.

Thanks for all you advice, I really was getting myself in a pickle about it - as if it's not scary enough!!

15. hexyewdancer

hexyewdancer Mummy to Roman

Aww Viv :hugs: Ive noticed ive gone massive this last week but the baby is measuring spot on.
    My cousin looked huge and was told her baby was going to be 10lb and her baby turned out to be 7lb.
    Just let it fly over your head. :hugs:

16. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I think people should think a bit more before they make these sorts of remarks to pregnant women, as if we haven't got enough to worry about! People keep saying I look like I'm carrying twins, but I'm NOT, baby is bang on average size according to scan at 36 weeks, which is very accurate apparently!

17. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

don't worry, jsut ignore them, I've had the same comments day in and day out. I'm just so glad I've finished work now and don't have to listen to it, although do get it from the odd person still. I was getting so concerned about it that I asked the MW at my last appointment and she measured me and felt my tummy as normal and said I am measuring 'text book' spot on and will have an average size baby. She said I'm just carrying it all out front, and because I'm quite short ppl prob think baby is big. I have put on 2 stone tho but mainly all in the mid section of my body! Ignore them, you know the truth and thats all that matters, they will see when the baby is born!

18. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I've had exactly the same comments hun, i was so scared i asked for a scan to be told he was bang on for 34 weeks!!!

19. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

I keep getting people saying "wow aren't you massive now" I got so fed up one day i burst into tears

wish people would just stop saying it i feel awful when they do :-(

20. Mamatastic

It's true people should be more considerate before saying things but even my OH is doing it!! His Mum phoned last night and she said "any idea of the weight yet?" and he says in his wisdom "It's at least a ten pounder"

I could have just kicked him in the balls!!! but instead I burst into tears! He knows how it makes me feel but he keeps saying it!!

My brother says he reckons I'm having twins, one must of been hiding behind the other at the scan!! I know I have put on loads of weight but I just want to crawl under my duvet and stay there until I go into labour so people can't comment!!

Anyway I'm just going to remember what my MW said today and tell people that actually my measurments are spot on for my dates!! and maybe stick my tongue out at them too:tease: