Totally Talkative, Crazy 1st-timers (NTNP/TTC #1!) - [22+ BFP's & 18 babies born!]

You can do it, Baby! :p
But be warned, once you start, you can't stop! Lol. I buy my tests from the dollar store here. Some people are skeptical but they work really well, and are actually extremely sensitive to the pregnancy hormone. Too bad I haven't made any yet! Lol
My OH likes to go in and look whenever I do one. He tries to stand in the door while I'm peeing but I don't let him because it's embarrassing (yet I pee with the door open on a regular basis? Lol stage fright maybe?).

It is addcitive Baby! Be warned :haha: goodluck when you do POAS for the first time :hugs: xx

:rofl: at the stage fright Jess it would be a bit awkward having OH watch

I also like to pee with the door open hahaha classic

I pee with the door open so I can run out when the toilet flushes, LMAO! I'm a chicken.

Baby - let us know when you do it so we can cheer you on!

Girls I'm freaking out! Just asked OH if he wants to NTNP officially (at the mo, it's more like I'm ntnp, and DF is wtt) Waiting for a reply, my heart is actually pounding because of how much I want him to say yes :blush: xx

Smile181c - good luck on your reply! :)

Thanks for the replies girls. I'm sure I'll get over my phobia of poas! Hehe. I was on BC for 14 years before stopping in September. I was half expecting my cycles to be majorly long therefore had visions of me peeing on alot of sticks! To be honest my cycles have come back ok. 25-26 days so far. Only onto cycle 3 now so we'll see. I think if my AF doesn't arrive by day 26 I'll consider poas! So might need all your support when that time arrives!!

X

To be honest, I've never actually peed directly on the stick, lmao! I always pee in a small dish (I keep it in the bathroom - that's how often I POAS!) and drop it into the test or dip the test in, whichever I have.

I don't think I'm POAS this time though (well, I did once this month lol but it was far too early) because I'm 99% positive my period has shown up. :( Poo!

I hope that dish gets washed and/or hidden away between cycles :haha:

I POAS at least once every month, usually more than that: its very silly really given that I am supposedly saving for a baby and I already have an in-built pregnancy detection mechanism.... :)witch:)

I really cannot imagine ever getting that other line, it feels like a total impossible dream, less likely than a phone call from your Hollywood crush or winning the lottery.

Do you wait together to see the lines come up, Jess?

Good luck Chloe!!! I know how important this is for you. Hugs Hugs Hugs!

Well he replied! And at first it was a no :cry:

But then he apologised...and I said there was no need...so he said that there was... (I'm going somewhere with this, I promise! :haha:)

And then basically he went on to tell me that he IS ready, but he's just scared! :cloud9:

So we're currently discussing everything and I'm trying to convince him that we're good to go :haha: I'll keep you updated! xx

Ooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!

So are you actually going to start 'TTC' in a more structured way!?!

I'm not quite sure yet :shrug:

Just trying to warm him up to the idea of ntnp and go from there I suppose! I don't want to be the only one ntnp, if he's not fully on board with it KWIM?

So I have to try and alleviate some of his fears, and just let him know that it's ok to be scared, cause I'm scared too but to think of the bigger picture! I literally have everything crossed hoping he agrees! x

I'm not quite sure yet :shrug:

Just trying to warm him up to the idea of ntnp and go from there I suppose! I don't want to be the only one ntnp, if he's not fully on board with it KWIM?

So I have to try and alleviate some of his fears, and just let him know that it's ok to be scared, cause I'm scared too but to think of the bigger picture! I literally have everything crossed hoping he agrees! x

Awww got my fingers crossed for ya i hope it all goes ahead :happydance: xxx

I hope that dish gets washed and/or hidden away between cycles :haha:
Both of the above! Lol! Luckily its an awkward looking dish, nothing someone would want to drink out of or anything like that.

Do you wait together to see the lines come up, Jess?

Yes, well, the one line anyway lol. Most of the time I POAS, run out of the bathroom and wait the three minutes or whatever with OH, talking about "what if..." and then either he runs in before me to look, or we both go in together lol. I get so nervous when looking because I'm always bracing myself for the disappointment. Can't wait til the day we get to jump up and down instead of sighing and slamming the stupid test into the waste basket, lol.

Chloe - GOOD LUCK, LOVE!!

Hi everyone! I have to join this forum! Hope you don't mind. I'm 20 and just lost baby no1 at 11 weeks after a year on NTNP. So I'm back to NTNP now! Would love to chat with you all - its lovely to have people to compare stories with! Can't wait for my first official cycle so I can start counting fertile days - although I'm a bit worried about coming obsessed! x

Can I be a part of this buddy-fest too? :happydance:

Jess, I'm in the same boat as you. Total worrier here. I've told myself we're NTNP for #1 so I don't fall apart under the pressure. I'm almost 10 years older than you... yikes for me. I love your avatar by the way!!

Welcome to Sharon and Hit Girl! :hugs:

Sharon - so sorry for your recent loss. :( You're so strong to be back so soon! I wish you the best of luck and hope it happens quickly for you!

Hit Girl - age isn't a factor here! :D We're all in the same boat! And, silly question, but which avatar can you see? It shows me my old one of Spiderman with a zombie bride, and my new one was supposed to say My Red Hair Gives Me Super Powers. It shows that I changed it in the settings but when I post things, I still see my spiderman one!

Ah thank you for telling me! Lol I love it. It's a cake topper that I was dying for, but it's a very limited edition and the only person selling it on eBay wanted $200 for it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->