Toured labor and delivery unit... AHHH!

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Last night in my childbirth class we toured the labor/delivery and mother/baby units at our hospital... and it scared the crap out of me and excited me at the same time!!!! I heard a couple newborns crying out and saw new dads sitting in chairs in passing rooms holding their new sons/daughters.

It was crazy feeling terrified and excited at the same time!

same here! I felt so emotional when touring my hospital... :)

I had an anxiety attack on our tour & nearly passed out. I don't know if it was seeing the bed or the little bassinet or what. I think it was just the reality of it all.

I went for mine too as I was thinking of having a home birth so wanted to make sure I didn't want to go to hospital but think I am going to go to hospital now.

I panicked too and cried when me and OH got out after the tour as I hated it but I think it's best for me to go there, I really want to have a water birth, like my heart is set on it and I know that might change but I have this fear of getting to the hospital and them saying to water birth room isn't free :/ Got to get over it I guess! hahaha

I have a day at the hospital on 5th Feb to do antenatal classes and tour the maternity ward and I cant wait! I know I will be excited and probably emotional but I want to use the experience to find out as much as I can while I'm cohereant as I'm sure once im i labour it will all go out of the window. Also my OH is not the greatest with hospitals so I hope that seeing it before hand will help him out. I want to use the home birthing suite, as i'm having a water birth if all goes to plan, so fingers crossed it will be a less clinical environment and he will feel more at ease. :)

I'm sorry it scared you. DH and I took our tour a few nights ago and I LOVED it. It made me feel so much better seeing just how nice the rooms were and how nice the nurses were. I loved how you never share a room the entire time you are there. There were also nice pull out beds for Dad to stay the entire time...they even feed him. The NICU was just down the hall if needed and they have no visiting hours. Family can come any time mom will allow it.

Yeah it was definitely nice seeing the rooms and the nursery and how private everything is - the nurses were really nice too and the whole unit was so quiet. They play Brahm's Lullaby every time a baby is born over the PA! (Not after 8 at night though they'll play them in the morning if a baby is born later in the night or in the morning)

Oh bless, sorry it freaked you out :hugs: I loved mine although it was eerily quiet - the only person I saw in one of the rooms was a young chap with his feet up on the bed looking bored :haha:

I loved my hospital tour! Very reassuring not to hear anyone screaming! :haha:

And I loved seeing how big and comfortable the delivery rooms were. Can't wait to see one for real now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->