Toxoplasmosis Test

redneckhippy

Reaction score
Hello,

At my last appointment about 4 weeks ago, my MW ran a toxo test becuase I was concerned about a recent possible expsoure (just a few days prior to my appointment). She tested the IgG (which looks for past infections and lets you know if you have immunity) and the IgM (which looks for current infections). Yesterday at my appointment, we reviewed the results and the IgG was negative, meaning I never had toxo before. The IgM was also negative, but my antibodies were at .33 (under .9 is considered negative). Because my possible exposure was just a few days before the last test, she re-drew the test yesterday in case the .33 was inidicitve of an early infection rather than an actual negative. Now I'm so worried. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow, so at the time of exposure I would have been around 23-24 weeks.

I want to believe that negative means negative and that's why they have the .9 cut off, but I'm just so worried because my antibodies were not 0.

I think chances are she was just being careful. I hope this one is clear for you. How were you possibly exposed? Were you in contact with kittens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->