Toxoplasmosis

Afloat87

Reaction score
I live in France where toxoplasmosis is very common. Most French people have immunity because they’ve caught it before but most foreigners don’t. I’ve had a blood test to show that I don’t have immunity :cry:

This means that I have to wash any salad/vegetable/fruit in vinegar solution and I can’t eat unwashed raw things from restaurants. I also have to get blood tests monthly to check to make sure that I didn’t catch it. Waaaaah. I guess no-one else here in the same situation?

Wow they must take it much more seriously in France. I really only ever hear not to clean the cat box when pregnant, and to make sure pork is very very well cooked. I didn't know there even was a blood test to check for immunity let alone know anyone who gets monthly blood tests for it. Seems like a good thing to take extra precautions about. We don't have a cat so it's not something I've ever even looked into being at risk of contracting.

I am French living in the UK and I never caught it but I am going there for 2 weeks in April so I am worried now, lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->