Toys from your childhood :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by AngelBunny, Jun 2, 2011.

1. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

What toys from your childhood will you be handing down to LO? :cloud9: I don't have a lot but i just found these guys in the loft & thought they'd be perfect for our little man & will match the bright nursery too :D i used to run round with Dippy (the pink one) under my arm & he roars when you squish him hehehee. The little stoned-looking one is called Flappy lol i hope our little man like them! What are you ladies handing down from when you were little? xx

https://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee490/AngelBunnyFaerie/DSC04707.jpg

2. sazibubba

sazibubba pregnant with 2nd bubba

aww how cute lol. some teddys, 2 music boxes and my plush horse pull string which i play to him a couple of times a week. i still go to bed with it now it really soothes me lol

3. AngelBunny

ahh i wish i had a music box that would be nice to hand down xx

4. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

I have a box full of My Little Ponys! My 7 year old niece plays with them at the mo, she said 'kimmi, why do you have so many toys?!' I had to explain they werent new but my old ones from when I was little!

5. AngelBunny

hahahaa don't lie kim, you go out every pay day & buy a my little pony don't you! :haha: aww that's cute! Faye is gonna love those, good job shes a girl haha xx

6. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

I didn't realise but my Mum and Dad kept loads of my younger brothers toys. They have a beautiful rocking horse and a play work bench for our little son when he grows up!

7. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

Hahaha, mine are the classic ones, not the rubbishy ones they make these days! I get them out every now and again and brush all their hair and make them look nice!! :haha:

8. AngelBunny

awww pretty ponies! i feel like plating a pony's mane right now. just a random urge

9. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

OMG your 'old' toys look brand new! I doubt my parents have got anything of mine from my childhood that would be worth passing on, plus it probably would have been about 4th hand then so 5th hand now :haha:

10. AngelBunny

hehe yeh they are in pretty good nick. i had to draw the eyes back on them & sew a hole up but otherwise good :D i have a bunny toy that i had from when i was a baby, i love her so much but she's so fragile now, i reckon her head might fall off if i give her to LO :haha: i may do it anyway though :cloud9:

11. sazibubba

odd i remember them dinos from my childhood but ive no idea where they are from lol . do you remember? i think i had a green 3 horn haaha

12. AngelBunny

they were from toys R us! when we were little we were going to go on a family holiday but my mum was too sick (she had an on-going illness) so to cheer us up my dad took us to toys R us to get a couple of toys each and those were what i chose :D my sister had a big green one and a baby green one, the big one was called Dino & the little one called 'T' lol xx

13. sazibubba

aww ta i wonder if i have any in my mums loft lol. she kept all of my baby stuff plus all our clothes. im gonna rummage through it to see if ther is anything for my little boy lol.

14. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

My baby will get my Popple and stuffed dog Scruffy that I slept with Every night until I moved in with my husband. Now they have a special home on their own shelf in my room. We will be putting a shelf up in the nursery so they can watch over our baby for us. I still haven't decided if I will let my child play with them. The baby has to prove its love for them first! Haha

15. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

I don't have anything cause the only two thing that I have still are way too special and precious to me I don't allow anyone but myself to touch them. One is a stuffed Dumbo that got for my 5th birthday (long story why this is special), and the other is a stuffed black bear that is a treasured item with my very sick 89 year old Grandma and I, when I flew out to visit her sadly probably for the last time I brought this bear with me and brought her to tears cause she wasn't expecting to see it again, we even played with it like we used to when I was a little girl a bit. We would play with it for hours pretending it was a little baby and loving on it. One time my Mom made the mistake of allowing my 2 year old nephew at the time to play with it and tore the ear a little bit, lets just say she never made that mistake again. Since these are the only things I have left from my childhood they will continue to pretty much stay under lock and key with no one able to touch them. They are just too precious too me and hold too many memories for me to take the risk of something happening to them.

16. HappiestMom

HappiestMom Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl

I only have a few baby dolls..just regular ones that she will play with...also at my g-mas house she has toys that my mom and aunt and uncle used to play with..so all of us grandkids have had a go at them lol..they bring back so many memories...so she will def get to play with some old school stuff...

the toys I wish I still had... my little mermaid doll that had a hard body/fin that was light blue and changed color in the bathwater...and then you could squeeze her and she sang...I loved that doll soooo much!!! and also my Baby Alive..from the early 90s.....it was soo much better than all these new ones...I will also be getting her a cabbage patch doll if I can find one at a decent price... I loved to read when I was a kid..and still do..they had these Serendipity books that each taught a moral lesson but with the cutest little make believe animals..I want to try and find the whole collection for her of those too...

17. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

I've had the bear in the crib since I was 4. His name is Sir Lancelot :D

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247906_2117352778573_1388356992_2489007_3230140_n.jpg

18. AngelBunny

my sister had that little mermaid doll! she was obsessed with it & always had it in the bath :D it went from blue to purple or something in the water didn't it? xx

19. AngelBunny

sir lancelot is sooo cute!!

20. Frecks

Frecks Well-Known Member

Iv got a Winnie the pooh teddy that my sister got for me (or rather my mum and dad) when I was born, and some books, as I have always loved books and it'll be lovely (and fun to read them again!) for our lo to grow up with them the way I did :) xx