Toys only in bedroom or kept throughout the home?

Most of Amelia's toys are in the living room as this is where we spend the most time. When she's older, I imagine the majority of her toys will end up being in her bedroom instead but while she's young, they are everywhere.

Mainly in the living room, but a few in her bedroom too. It's her house too and I never want her to feel like she has to go elsewhere if she wants to play. She'll sometimes take them upstairs to play but she likes to play in the lounge.

Their toys are kept in a big cupboard in the kitchen and in their bedrooms. They are allowed them in whichever room they want but I like them all put away properly when they are in bed.

Mostly in her bedroom, my oh built her a pretend pirate ship which doubles as a massive toybox which lives in the corner of the lounge, then her toy kitchen in the big kitchen so she can play while i cook. Usually have a box of crafty stuff on the kitchen table as well. I don't mind having toys in different places as long as there is order in place!

Mostly in her bedroom, my oh built her a pretend pirate ship which doubles as a massive toybox which lives in the corner of the lounge, then her toy kitchen in the big kitchen so she can play while i cook. Usually have a box of crafty stuff on the kitchen table as well. I don't mind having toys in different places as long as there is order in place!

I want one of those! LOL! My boys would LOVE that:)

I want one of those! LOL! My boys would LOVE that:)

haha i think it may have been at least in part down to my oh fulfilling a childhood dream... :haha:

You have a consensus yet? :haha: just figured I'd add my two cents- for what thats worth now ;)

In LO's bedroom- we only have her blankets, stuffed animals/toys and some books (for bedtime reading)- other than her bed/rocker/dresser... since A) she spends the majority of her day downstairs and B) it's a place for sleep- although she'd find SOMETHING to play with even if it was basically empty ;) haha

She has some toys in the open hall area upstairs-- as well as her playroom downstairs-- as well as... I know right?... a play area next to the kitchen (the eat in dining room since we have a seperate "formal" dining area)... so she has play area's all over our house.

Most if the toys are in their rooms. We then have a few toys in the lounge. During the day books/toys find their way around the house but they go back in the evening.

You have a consensus yet? :haha: just figured I'd add my two cents- for what thats worth now ;)

In LO's bedroom- we only have her blankets, stuffed animals/toys and some books (for bedtime reading)- other than her bed/rocker/dresser... since A) she spends the majority of her day downstairs and B) it's a place for sleep- although she'd find SOMETHING to play with even if it was basically empty ;) haha

She has some toys in the open hall area upstairs-- as well as her playroom downstairs-- as well as... I know right?... a play area next to the kitchen (the eat in dining room since we have a seperate "formal" dining area)... so she has play area's all over our house.

Haha, yep! DH is willing to loosen up a bit. Toys are allowed in the living room as long as they're not taking over the living room! :p I don't see how we could have prevented toys ending up in there anyway! This is why the holidays and their birthdays coming up is starting to scare me. They have so much already! It's becoming quite a task figuring out how to organize everything! :wacko:

Haha, yep! DH is willing to loosen up a bit. Toys are allowed in the living room as long as they're not taking over the living room! :p I don't see how we could have prevented toys ending up in there anyway! This is why the holidays and their birthdays coming up is starting to scare me. They have so much already! It's becoming quite a task figuring out how to organize everything! :wacko:

My post is also coming from someone who likes things very organized and neat (always have! if things are too cluttery it get's my anxiety going)- haha. But yea, with kids some some chaos-- all part of life! I do find it's easier to let things go during the day- why clean up toys that will just get thrown about again 5mins later? But at night, I do like to put things where they belong-- :haha: I will say I prob have a cleaner house than most of my friends with kids- but to me it's still a priority- and to each their own :) I finally hired help to clean the house top to bottom every 2wks too- that allowed me to let go a bit more as well and not deal with cleaning our entire house :blush:

The toy box is in her room but the majority make their way all over the place. The microwave being the most favourite storage place of all right now.

I do keep a few toys in the living room but they just sit on the armchair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->