Toys R Us charging full price?!

LynseyPynsey

Reaction score
I ordered a Toot Toot Garage (£26.66) and a my Pal Scout (£13.33) for click and collect from Toys r Us. My sister popped in for me today as she was going to the bingo next door.. She's came back with my receipt and they've charged £39.99 for the garage and £17.99 for the Scout!! Where do I stand if I go back tomorrow and explain they've overcharged? My sister didn't know what price they were meant to be so didn't mention anything to them.

Here's a screen shot of my order email
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Lynzey/null_zpsd6a18b5a.png

Did she give them your reservation number? If so you should have got them at the lower price. Just copied this from their site:

What Price do I Pay?
The price you pay is either the online price when you placed your Click & Collect reservation or the in store price when you collect – whichever is the lower. Please help us to ensure you always receive the lowest price by presenting your order details in store on collection.

Hi hun, the bottom of the email says the exact same thing. She definitely used the reservation number as she didn't even know what items id sent her to pick up so there's no way she could've got them off the shelf or anything. She came home shocked at the price I was paying for the garage

Hi hun, the bottom of the email says the exact same thing. She definitely used the reservation number as she didn't even know what items id sent her to pick up so there's no way she could've got them off the shelf or anything. She came home shocked at the price I was paying for the garage

I'd call them in the morning and explain what happened, you should get your refund no problem given that their policy is pretty clear on pricing. Its maybe been an inexperienced member of staff who's out the transaction through and didn't realise.

Hope so! It's such a pain as I don't drive and I assume I'll have to take the products with me?

Sorry I was thinking of argos, who do charge the higher on collection

OH took me down today, didn't need the items with me, just explained and they put the money back on my card :thumbup: the way they reacted makes me think it's happened a lot recently though

I had this happen with argos with the 3 for 2 as it had ended when I collected but I said there and then I ordered when it was on offer and they reduced the price back to what it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->