trace of blood in urine?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by daisydancer, Jan 31, 2011.

1. daisydancer

daisydancer Well-Known Member

I had my check up at the hospital today, went on the monitor, and had my cervix checked and a swab taken (posted about that yesterday!), and now I am home, I had noticed on my notes it says a trace of blood in my urine. I phoned back to ask the mw what it might be and she said she didnt think it was an infection, it may have been from somewhere else mixed in with my sample. She said it was nothing to worry about, but I am now really worried! If its not the start of an infection then what is it?? They looked at my cervix and said it was closed and I had normal white discharge, so now I'm paranoid I am going to start bleeding!!!! Anyone??

2. alynn6758

alynn6758 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I would get a 2nd opinion...if they messed up your urine sample, I wouldn't be very confident in the care they are providing...I hope you get some answers hun :hug:

3. lilfish

lilfish two beautiful girls

Blood in your urine is normally a sign of a UTI needing antibiotics, if it is and it's left untreated it could spread to your kidneys and cause premature labour! What is your midwife thinking?!!!

4. daisydancer

The mw and consultant both said its only a trace, and as long as I'm checked again it should be fine. I did double check why she didnt seem concerned and she said its because it was only the faintest trace and probably caused by discharge mixed in with the sample.

5. donna-c-86

donna-c-86 Well-Known Member

i also had trace of blood in my urine before and it turned out to be absolutely nothing

6. laurenfreya

laurenfreya mummy to 3

Yep i had trace blood in my urine. I had to have a MSU (mid stream somthing or other) and it turned out to be nothing. That was last tues at the hospital and i had a appointment to see the midwife today and it was clear.

7. daisydancer

Hopefully mine will be by wednesday when I go back :)