Traditional meal on xmas eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
Do you have a traditional meal on Xmas eve?

Every year for as long as I can remember we have had a chinese takeaway. We spent last xmas at the inlaws and I made them have a chinese takeaway too lol.

Clartylou x

Not really, but we usually end up opening all of the lovely goodies in the fridge, i cant resist lol

we usually have like a party buffet and all the sweets get opened wooooooooo i cant wait till xmas lol xxx

When I lived at home we used to have poat roast and potatoes and all this traditional meals.
So this year I'm hosting a christmas party at my house and I'm making poat roast and a cake.
As for lunch,I'll be probably having take-away! :lol:

i like a big dinner of christmas just because i love food :rofl: no 'traditional' foods so far though, DH and i have only had 2 Christmas's as a married couple...the first one was spent in a complete empty house as we had just moved and the movers did not bring our stuff, making us wait...and the second year i really can't remember!! Not too special i suppose!

We've always got a huge chinese takeaway too :)

xmas eve is always a take away pizza from like pizza hut or dominos lol

Christmas eve meal is chili and oyster stew with sliced meats, pickles and other relishes, and small sweets.

Christmas day meal is roast turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings.

I'm in upper Midwest USA and most everyone I know has similar fair.

It's lunchtime here, and I'm getting hungry!

We usually have ours on Christmas day, but this year we are spending it with Ohs family who have theirs on xmas eve,

xxx

OMG we have xmas dinner in a massive run up to xmas... this prob happens when you live on a turkey farm ha ha ha and we were selling stuffing etc too so you know we needed to test it :blush:

we have our turkey dinner on xmas eve. apparently its what they do on the continent according to my mum!! and we tend to have a rib of beef on xmas day! it was suggested that we do it the normal way this year. eeryone kicked off haha

When I was young we never did anything special on Christmas eve for dinner but the traditional Turkey dinner on Christmas day...

In the last few years I lived at home my mum didnt want to cook (well she had done it for like over 20 years!) so we started getting Indian take aways on Christmas day instead.

Last year was my first year when I moved in with OH so we decided to have little chinese/indian nibbles on Christmas Eve and then Traditional Turkey on the day.

Emma,xx

We have chips from the chip shop and make chip butties!! MMMmmmm!!

Then turkey roast on christmas day!

On Christmas eve we normaly have 'half' a roast, So last year it was Beef,Mash and extras.
On Christmas day the traditional MASSIVE roast with turkey of course.
On Boxing day its normally left over turkey in sandwiches with pickled onions, pringles, bits like that etc
I absolutley LOVE it!
Xx

we normally have some form of take out and we - me and oh bake ginger breadmen, then we have the traditional roast christmas day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"