Traditions

motherofboys

Reaction score
What are some of yours?
We've always done Pjs on Christmas eve, my mum used to do that with us when we were little too. I've upgraded it to a Christmas eve box this year.
We always go out with my mum one day before Christmas, usually for a meal but think she wants to go to this big Christmas fayre thing this year.
We bake gingerbread men in the build up and the boys take them to karate.
Christmas eve we have a "party" it's basically just us with buffet food but there's always an open invitation to the rest of the family. Sometimes they come, sometimes they don't.

We always do Christmas Eve box and make sausage rolls on Christmas Eve.
Always make sure we take a visit to santa have done that since dd1 was 3 months old.
Can't think of much else tbh but it's always so lovely and I can't wait for December this year although I'm sooooo behind with gift buying this year!

Pyjamas on Christmas eve and a Christmas film.
This one is from my DH family but he's always had a pint of dandelion and burdock with ice cream on Christmas morning. He doesn't seem too bothered about carrying on the tradition but I always get the things in and make it as it would be a shame for the tradition to die out (even though I think it's a disgusting mix :haha:)

Mince pie, milk and carrots on christmas eve evening on a plate I made

We also visit FIL grave and take something like mince pies or panatone to eat "with" him. We bought him a little tree that MIL puts on his grave each year.

Half the fun is in the build up and all the little traditions that make it feel like Christmas

Pyjamas on Christmas eve and a Christmas film.
This one is from my DH family but he's always had a pint of dandelion and burdock with ice cream on Christmas morning. He doesn't seem too bothered about carrying on the tradition but I always get the things in and make it as it would be a shame for the tradition to die out (even though I think it's a disgusting mix :haha:)

Mince pie, milk and carrots on christmas eve evening on a plate I made
At this point it's pretty much a tradition for me to forget to put out the mince pie, kids go to bed, then I have to go tell them that I've put one out because we forgot hahaha

My partner is Portuguese so our Christmas is quite hectic, as they celebrate it mainly on Christmas eve, so usually we go to my SILs house and have their traditional christmas eve/christmas dinner which is fresh cod, potatoes lots of veg and lots of cake and wine. We stay up until midnight as that's when they open christmas presents, the kids open family presents but as my nieces were born here, they open presents christmas day just like we do :) we then go home, put on our christmas pjs and get to bed, normally pretty drunk! Up on christmas bright and early to do presents then do my mams house for Christmas dinner, followed by a lot more wine :haha: so much veg over the course of two days so boxing day consists of us farting a lot :rofl:

:haha: :haha: sounds crazy but fun, and that's what it's all about really

Of course it is! I love how hectic it is and how many toys are pulled about the place and how your still picking up hidden bits of wrapping paper a week later :haha: this year will be a quieter one as we will have a newborn, so christmas eve may be a day at home and people can visit us instead of us visiting them, I for one are not staying out until midnight this year, I'll have night feeds to do :haha:

Christmas Eve box. I used to get new pjs on Xmas eve as a kid.

Xmas book advent (we reuse the same books now)

North Pole breakfast on Xmas eve

Going to see fenwicks Christmas window this year is Charlie and the chocolate factory

Our elf brings the kids a box when she arrives on Dec 1st filled filled with Christmas pajamas, Advent calendars and usually a book and treat or toy.

And of course there's the Christmas parties. All 5 of them.

I always forget the carrot and have to get one of MIL haha

- We always do a 1st December box
- Leave milk , cookie and carrot out on Xmas eve
- Xmas Eve mass , I always feel this is extra special with the kids . Then to In laws for food .
- watch a Muppets Christmas Carol on Xmas eve

Cannot think of anything else now !

We also visit FIL grave and take something like mince pies or panatone to eat "with" him. We bought him a little tree that MIL puts on his grave each year.

Half the fun is in the build up and all the little traditions that make it feel like Christmas

This is so lovely xx

Christmas Eve pjs- it was a tradition from when my hubby was a kid that we have carried on with our kids since my first borns first Christmas at 2 mths old.

For the last two years or so we have done Elf on the shelf and he asks me do a North Pole Breakfast for the kids on the day he arrives.

Cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer xmas eve, we also spread out reindeer food so the reindeer know where we are, as we move a lot being a full time RVing family.

Christmas Eve pjs- it was a tradition from when my hubby was a kid that we have carried on with our kids since my first borns first Christmas at 2 mths old.

For the last two years or so we have done Elf on the shelf and he asks me do a North Pole Breakfast for the kids on the day he arrives.

Cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer xmas eve, we also spread out reindeer food so the reindeer know where we are, as we move a lot being a full time RVing family.

That's so cool, I love the idea of always being on the move

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"