Tragic story and very poor care

Discussion in 'Gestational Complications' started by LoraLoo, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LoraLoo

LoraLoo Pregnant with a Rainbow

Wasn't sure where else to put this. This is Eve's little next door neighbour :cry: His story is so sad, it saddens and angers me that a simple course of antibiotics would probably have saved him, and that incompetent midwives have lied about a babys death to cover their own backs. Selfishly, all I can now think of is that I have to give birth there :nope: and it scares the life out of me

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-repeatedly-failed-spot-common-infection.html

2. zanDark

zanDark <3 IVF mom <3

:nope: that is so sad :cry: I hope the little angels parents find some peace by punishing the people that let that gorgeous little boy die :nope: just horrible

3. here_we_r

here_we_r LTTTC\2ndary infertility

That is sad! This is something the family will never get over. I had something similar happen to me. (my doctor caused my baby's death). I haven't gotten over it and never will.

4. LoraLoo

I hope that they never get to 'care' for another baby ever again :nope:

5. zanDark

zanDark <3 IVF mom <3

:cry: I'm so sorry Hun :hugs: LoraLoo is right...these people shouldn't be allowed to care for babies :growlmad:

6. Andypanda6570

Andypanda6570 3 Boys and an Angel Ava

:cry::cry: How heartbreaking. i hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. So deeply sorry for this tragic loss :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

7. secretbaby

secretbaby Well-Known Member

Absolutely tragic,so very very sad.

8. Bartness

Bartness 1st time mommy to Jaxon.

That is so tragic and so sad. I feel so bad for the family of little Joshua. I hope those midwives loose there license to practice.

9. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

10. Moti

Moti Angel Mommy

My gosh. Truly heartbreaking. I don't know what kind of punishment would be enough for the people responsible for this senseless tragedy. I'm speechless....

11. evasmum

evasmum Precious Eva & due 05 Nov

That is just so sad :cry:

12. kaths101

kaths101 Well-Known Member

oh gosh that is awful... unimaginable - and for the familys worries just to be brushed aside is terrible :nope:

Could you go to a different hospital if youre worried? :hugs:

13. Vinushka

Vinushka Well-Known Member

That really is horrific and sad. I had my 2... In furness general, and my other 2 as well, and have no surprise at this unfortunately. They are terribly understaffed also, I don't know the state of other hospitals but I don't see it improving.

Just so sad now.

I actually have a long list of reasons why this hospital scares the hell out of me, is it possible for you to go to lancaster?

14. LoraLoo

I probably wouldnt make it to Lancaster, I have very short labours and I need IV antibiotics in labour.Not that the midwife who i had last time would agree with that, I heard her telling another midwife i wasnt in labour, without even doing an internal. This was at 7.30pm. She was born at 9.12pm. Nope, course I wasnt. I also had to tell THEM I needed antibiotcs and she also never bothered to read my notes . I agree they are very understaffed, at my Consultant appointment I was rushed in and out and Eve was not even acknowledged :cry: My midwife is fantastic, but its just a shame they are all not like her :nope: xxxx

P.s- Nice to see someone local on here! xx

15. TwilightAgain

TwilightAgain LTW for our LO <3

Thats disgusting. They should be sacked at the least - and banned from working with babies again.

I can't imagine what that poor family must be going through :nope:

16. Vinushka

Omg we must have had the same midwife... I was induced as I was 2 weeks late and have an unfortunate history and not only did they lose my notes that said I had SPD, they told me as I was screaming at them that I was "barely in labour" and told me off for shouting. They also tried to do an internal while I was having constant back to back contractions and told me off for not opening my legs enough. Because they lost my notes that said SPD. I went from nothing to baby in 90 minutes while they made me walk down the corridor and left me in a small side room with no pain relief or midwife and they onlycame to see me as I was shouting so loud - seconds before I had to push.

Heh sorry for the essay but DH seriously almost had the snip then and there, I'm so so sorry about Eve, it's shit about the antibiotics, I had a bad infection with my second (PProm at 22 weeks :cry:) and had to go back later for antibiotics.

Yea I'm local, I even remember you from school although you prolly wouldn't know me cause I was kinda, well, me.

17. LoraLoo

:shock: you so have to tell me who you are now, making me nervous :haha: lol x

18. LoraLoo

I been having a read through some of your posts and trying to guess :haha: Are (or were) your initials CC? :shrug::dohh: lol

19. Vinushka

Haha yea, that's scary I figured I was pretty forgettable. Don't worry I'm not a creepy stalker I just recognised your photo a while back. I'm still bad at talking to people unless they're weirdos. Still I'm really surprised you'd remember. Your little girls are really lovely.

20. LoraLoo

Well you look different I didnt recognise you on your pics, i read you were an illustrator somewhere on here and that made me wonder if it was you, your art work was always fantastic though I know it used to drive Mr Howard mad that they were always cartoon-y types :rofl:
    You sat next to me in History too (you called me ignorant :haha: lol!), and was in English with me (I heard Mrs Heels has died??) I feel bad that nobody really made an effort with you :nope:
    Well, its nice to 'see' you anyway, and hope you and your kids are well :flower: xxx