transportation

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
I'm soooo sooo done with not getting to go anywhere unless someone else wants something in that area or place too! I literally have to plan weeks in advanced if I want to go somewhere.
I just bought one of those above ground pools (yes I know i didnt really NEED it but its freakin hot and everyone will be able to use it, and it'll be good to get Syri used to being in water this early.) and I need to go pick it up..i figured it would take a few weeks to get it there but no..I guess because of the type of online sale it was toys r us was like 'haha its here immediately!' and I need to go because i'm not sure how strict they will be about their pick up policy as my name is under billing.
SO we were suppose to go yesterday, then no dice because my parents arent telling my grandparents what we need the car for. then today my mom had the car, i was ready to go and no. we cant go because my grandmother needs the car and if we couldnt make the hour trip in TWO hours there would be a problem. my dad threw a fit and so my mom brought the friggan car back.
I only have one more day to get it before I lose the pool per the stores policy. 200 hundred dollars down the drain because no one can ever get their shit together unless its for them.
Its just not fair. I cant afford a car, the cheapest you can get are $3000 and those have 150k miles on them. Getting my lisense would cost a few hundred dollars alone too. :cry: Im so frustrated.

no need to reply or anything..it just helps to get it out.

oh dont get me started on transport! I bloody own a car which i cant drive coz i dont have my licence coz no one will teach me!! and public transport is so hard to take with a pram, last time i did it was so embarasing having to lift it off and on the train everyone one looked at me as if im an idiot! and im to scared to walk places on my own (bad experiences) and its annoying having to ask people to drive me, coz i know they dont want to!lol :/

yeah or if you have a relative or know anyone else that can drive?
also if you rung up the store I presume for an extra fee they would do a home delivery.

can't sympathise because I drive and have my own car.

Sure I have one more day but its just the point. "we're going HAHA just kidding" gets old. really fast. And no...now that its at the store i cant and the extra fee was going to be $70..

Ugh, there isnt even public transportation here...i would have to walk about 8 miles to a train station if I wanted to be able to get somewhere where i might be able to find a bus. I live in the middle of freakin nowhere.

Might be a silly question, but why did you order it knowing you have no transport/without checking when you'd have to pick it up?

Yeah agree with Donna, I would have made sure someone would have been able to take me to collect it before ordering.

>.> I didnt realize I asked for people to scold me for ranting...

Let me explain again. I ordered it online. I did site to store shipping which means they have to ship it to the store. No where did it warn me that they were already at the store and would be immediately available for pick up. Normally when you do something like this it takes weeks to arrive.

were not scolding you, just asking a question. :shrug:

Can't really sympathise because in the UK you can get more or less anywhere with public transport, and i drive :shrug: Can you maybe order a taxi to take you?
Probably should have asked your parents if they'd definitely be able to take you before ordering it. I'd advise you to learn how to drive, and save for a car, because it will drive you insaaaaaaane not to be able to get anywhere without relying on parents.xx

Can't really sympathise because in the UK you can get more or less anywhere with public transport, and i drive :shrug: Can you maybe order a taxi to take you?
Probably should have asked your parents if they'd definitely be able to take you before ordering it. I'd advise you to learn how to drive, and save for a car, because it will drive you insaaaaaaane not to be able to get anywhere without relying on parents.xx

I'm not even sure that I could and if I did it would cost probably close to $200 more anyway :dohh:
I am working on it but in order to do that I have to either build credit or save up 3,000+ dollars just for the car and not even a very dependable one, then insure it and get my license. Right now i could get my license no problem...but there is no point as i wouldnt have a car to drive.

Could you get insured on your parents car maybe? I'm insured on my mum's because my car died :( and it's much cheaper x

I know what you mean about thinking that its going to take a week or so for the site to store.
just did that with a crib. it says the soonest it will be in on is the 7th.
hopefully it wont come in sooner.
have you tried explaning to your family?

Linzie - i can if I buy it through a private sale because I can put it in my parents name but if I finance it which is the safe and easier option it would have to be in my name so i would have to have my own policy.

Leah- We probably will end up getting it tomorrow, I just hate that we'll be ready to walk out the door and then suddenly they'll change their mind. Or that if they want to go out bam its done but if its just me no one cares until its convenient.

Or that if they want to go out bam its done but if its just me no one cares until its convenient.

you answered your own question, its not convenient for them to take you at the time.

I don't know where you are looking for cars then! My first car was only $800! Look in classifieds in the newspaper and on craigslist rather than dealerships. Someone I work with got a really nice buick from an older woman so it was kept really nice and was only $1,000. You just need to look around for a cheap car, there are some out there!

I don't know where you are looking for cars then! My first car was only $800! Look in classifieds in the newspaper and on craigslist rather than dealerships. Someone I work with got a really nice buick from an older woman so it was kept really nice and was only $1,000. You just need to look around for a cheap car, there are some out there!

I have been looking on craigslist. I live in CT which is one of the most expensive states to live..
https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/2414881781.html
I suppose I could get that for $1700 but it has 180k miles...

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/2414853025.html
that isnt bad...4,000 for a car with 80k miles..however we had a kia sportage, same model, it died at barily 100k miles and the kia sportage we still have has about 120k and its a piece of shit.

So yea. cars are expensive here.

$3000+ for a second hand 'not very dependable' car? :saywhat:

My OH just bought me a car off his mate for £450, it's pretty nice too :o

Just need to learn to drive now :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583