Transverse baby?

IvyEffer

Reaction score
I went for a scan a few days ago and they said baby boy is transverse with his feet up by his face. What are the chances he'll turn on his own? Has anyone tried different positions to help baby move? I'm currently 27 weeks so plenty of time.

On a side note, my first son was in a frank breech position which led to a c-section. I'm scheduled for another one with this baby.

There is still time for baby to move yet. The spinning babies website has some great ideas on how to encourage baby to move to head down position :)

My son was transverse until 35 weeks then turned over night. I woke up looking a couple of months less pregnant haha

My #3 was transverse until 36 weeks. He was a big baby and turned himself. It was like a mini labour, but man I felt better once he turned!

Mine spent weeks 27-36 moving between transverse and frank breech in spite of all attempts to flip her: yoga, chiropractor, iPod in my underwear w frozen peas at the top of my belly (desperate times...), and finally an unsuccessful ECV. If baby stays transverse further into third trimester, your doctor will probably talk to you about potential risks of the position ( mainly chance of cord prolapse), and address how it might impact delivery.

In my case, I was told that if my water broke or I had any suspicion I was going into labor to get to the hospital ASAP. My water broke at 36 weeks, and at the hospital they realized I was having contractions and was already 5 cm dilated. Baby's heart rate was good, but they could tell that some cord was under her and went forward very quickly (but not traumatically) w a c section. She was safely in my arms about 30 mins after I got to the hospital, and about an hour after I had woken up to my water breaking.

You still have a lot of time, so I would def recommend some of the yoga poses on Flipping Babies, and also looking into chiropractor and accupuncture treatment.

My little one was transverse at 35 wks and then flipped head down with some help of a chiropractor. He then flipped transverse again a wk later; but we managed to coerce him head down a few days later. Right now, he's in a good position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->