Transverse Mamas

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
My LO has been transverse the entire pregnancy. Now i realize that im only pushing 28 weeks, so still plenty of time, but i have to admit a little piece of me intuitivly feels as if this child is going to stay this way, i dont know why, but i do. I totally hope she moves vertical, heck at this point i would even take a breech one, but this transverse thing has me a little freaked since i know its impossible for a sideways baby to come out without CS.
With all of my kids so far they have favored one position for the majority of the pregnancy and wouldn't ya know it, that position was exactly how they were born, so i dont know if thats why i think this or what. I also have severe pelvic organ prolapse and diastasis recti, so i know naturally my uterus is kind of in a hammock state, which would explain why she has constantly been favoring the sideways positions. (neither of my boys ever laid this way, that i know of and since giving birth to DS2 is when i started experience the prolapse and such). I know perfectly well that there is still plenty of time and that she has a good chance of going vertical but just something that i feel alone about and i had wondered if anyone else felt similar or is near term and dealing with a transverse.

I thought this would be a good place to draw community from ladies dealing with such.

This is my first so I'm not sur about her chances of turning but she's been transvese the whole time. Not exactly horizontal but more like diagonal... I sure hope I don't have to have a c section!

Mine was sitting transverse or breech (she switched back and forth) up until a few days ago. At my appointment yesterday she was FINALLY confirmed to be head down and in position. The doctor even double checked on the portable ultrasound machine. But then earlier today she made a few more big, uncomfortable movements and it feels as if she's slid herself back up and very slightly sideways. I'm hoping she doesn't re-position herself back to fully transverse but who knows :(

My first was transverse until the last minute. I did all these funny things to flip her, hanging off the couch etc. She did turn in time. This one seems to have been head down for a while now and I also have pretty bad prolapse, though not diastasis recti. Your gut is often right, but there is no reason not to try some of the maneuvers - it's can't hurt! Too soon right now but maybe later?

My boy is transverse too... :/ lol... It can get so uncomfortable when he stretches out at times! Praying for the day he changes position (hopefully to a head down position xx)

My little one's transverse, has been for a while and like you, Guppy, I simply can't see her moving. I am concerned though, there's an increased risk of prolapsed cord (where cord comes out before baby) though she's actually facing upwards towards my placenta which is right at the top, so less of a risk. They've booked me in for a c-section 1 July, one day before due date which is ridiculously late (hospital full!) so will be on standby if a cancellation comes in.

I'm concerned about trying anything to move her. I don't want her turning around and releasing the cord. I really can't see her going head down but we'll see! I'm trying not to stress, what will be will be... ('trying' is the operative word!).

hi, I'm 36 weeks and my baby has been transverse for my whole pregnancy, midwives say she in unlikely to turn :( have my next app on tue so will see them where I go from there,

I checked out the spinning babies website. Once I get confirmation of position from the MW next week then I'll start doing some positional stuff, if baby isn't head down. I'll be surprised if she is tho bc u girls are right-the side to side stretching hurts!

Trixie- I hope ur LO is head down again. The must be frustrating :hugs: in ur case I probably wouldn't attempt any positional maneuvers since ur baby is facing in a better direction to prevent cord prolapse.

Sharnah- hope ur LO comes around :hugs:

Nevaie- hope baby stayed was down :dust:

EYD- that's exactly how it is for me sometimes. Most of the time she alternates between transverse and oblique (diagnal). Sometimes I feel her head hitting the left side of my pelvis. It's such a strange feeling. And when she isn't doing that she stretches sideways.

Where is everyone butt bulge at? :)haha: that sounds funny lol) my LO is bulged the most like right to the right of my belly button and then I have some movements on the left side of my belly button(like right next to it) and then some that are a little further down south. I have uet to feel any movements whatsoever Bove my belly Button Besides that little bulding from what I assume is her butt, my bump is super squishy and not firm like I would expect at this point.

What is everyone else feeling and where? I rarely ever get any massive size kicks and most of the movements I have trouble differentiating between what's a hand and what's a kick - which is odd for me bc I know quite well w my other two pregnancys what the difference is, so I guess maybe it has to do w position?

I'm 33+2 and my baby is breech/oblique, and has been (as far as I can say for certain) the entire pregnancy. I get lots of movements, but not big turning movements. I've been doing exercises (not religiously) from the spinning babies website. If I'm still like this in the next week, MW will give me exercises to do (Which I will do religiously), and then they may try a version (although I've heard there's not great success with these). I'm gutted at the prospect of a c-section for this reason. Here in the UK, they will rarely let you go for a natural birth if the baby is breech as they don't know if the baby's head will fit through the pelvis- for second babies they will consider it if the first was a natural delivery because they know the pelvis can handle a baby.

I'm also considering moxibustion if the baby hasn't turned in a couple of weeks. Literally, I'll try anything I can so I can have my attempt at a natural birth...

My baby mainly bulges to my right (it's head), but occasionally the head seems to switch to the left (according to my mw)- although I thought that bulge was the butt...DH and I both think the baby is more lying towards the transverse position than breech. I get leg or arm movements both sides of my belly (although usually one side at a time), and get them high and low on my belly.

I've a growth scan booked for next Tuesday (for different reasons) so I'm really anxious for them to accurately tell me how baby is lying and what I can do to get it in position...

Where is everyone butt bulge at? :)haha: that sounds funny lol) my LO is bulged the most like right to the right of my belly button and then I have some movements on the left side of my belly button(like right next to it) and then some that are a little further down south. I have uet to feel any movements whatsoever Bove my belly Button Besides that little bulding from what I assume is her butt, my bump is super squishy and not firm like I would expect at this point.

What is everyone else feeling and where? I rarely ever get any massive size kicks and most of the movements I have trouble differentiating between what's a hand and what's a kick - which is odd for me bc I know quite well w my other two pregnancys what the difference is, so I guess maybe it has to do w position?

My "butt bulge" is on the left.. Lol! But he often switches it to the right side (still transverse tho... Go figure) and kicks me in my right side... Today he switched up on me, and I'm left quite sore... :(
https://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s636/AmandaMcCall2012/2013-05-29_13-33-03_287_zps75d19b7c.jpg

YOWCH! :dohh:

My "butt bulge" is on the left.. Lol! But he often switches it to the right side (still transverse tho... Go figure) and kicks me in my right side... Today he switched up on me, and I'm left quite sore... :(
https://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s636/AmandaMcCall2012/2013-05-29_13-33-03_287_zps75d19b7c.jpg

YOWCH! :dohh:

Thats exactly what mine looked like two weeks ago! And now the little monkey looks the same, just on the other side :dohh: It's basically now mirrored of yours. That little stinker of mine! :haha: leave it to her to be able to switch sides totally and yet not go vertical at all :dohh:

Exactly! If they can completely switch sides, why won't they go head down!! Gah! X.x

I'm 33+2 and my baby is breech/oblique, and has been (as far as I can say for certain) the entire pregnancy. I get lots of movements, but not big turning movements. I've been doing exercises (not religiously) from the spinning babies website. If I'm still like this in the next week, MW will give me exercises to do (Which I will do religiously), and then they may try a version (although I've heard there's not great success with these). I'm gutted at the prospect of a c-section for this reason. Here in the UK, they will rarely let you go for a natural birth if the baby is breech as they don't know if the baby's head will fit through the pelvis- for second babies they will consider it if the first was a natural delivery because they know the pelvis can handle a baby.

I'm also considering moxibustion if the baby hasn't turned in a couple of weeks. Literally, I'll try anything I can so I can have my attempt at a natural birth...

My baby mainly bulges to my right (it's head), but occasionally the head seems to switch to the left (according to my mw)- although I thought that bulge was the butt...DH and I both think the baby is more lying towards the transverse position than breech. I get leg or arm movements both sides of my belly (although usually one side at a time), and get them high and low on my belly.

I've a growth scan booked for next Tuesday (for different reasons) so I'm really anxious for them to accurately tell me how baby is lying and what I can do to get it in position...

That sounds like a good plan.
If you can get access to a chiropractor you could try someone certified in Websters technique. there is one other type of technique too-can't remember the name of it though :dohh:
There is also acupuncture too.

I too have heard that the ECVs dont work as well on transverse babies as they do on breech. But i guess the only way to know is to attempt it.

The typical route for a breech, here in the US is a CS.
My HB MWs are not legally allowed to attend a (knowingly) breech birth :nope: but thankfully the OBGYN i had with DS2 will attempt to assist a breech delivery but you have to agree to her terms (do it in the OR with an epidural in case surgery is needed). Im not sure how i feel about that bc ive givin birth vaginally and unmedicated twice, and i feel that i would have a much better chance of a vaginal breech birth if i were unmedicated. Ive already managed to birth a posterior (face up) baby without assistance and drugs, so i hope that gives me some valid argument (not that i want to add breech to the list of types of births ive had :haha:)...guess it's pointless to worry about right now (for me) since thats ages away and the baby is transverse atm anyways.

I hope your LO turns for you hon :hugs: Is this your first?

Ha, that pic is just how I look when I lie down! Oh, our cheeky monkey transverse babies!

my babys been transverse too the last 2 time i've been checked but i knw he stil has time to move head down.i love those pics of ur bump i can't see mine doing that my bumps symmetrical do u think its bcos i have an anterior placenta it gets in the way

I am 33 weeks and my baby is still transverse but the doctor said he is not worried until 35 weeks.

How is everyone doing? Especially near/at full term ladies?

Im 28+2 and my stinker binker is still laying transverse...she has never moved from this point-like ever-as far as i can tell. My stomach is starting to look really funky. The bottom half is firm (with a buldge-the head-to the right of my bellybutton). The top half is super moosh lol. Im seriously convinced she is staying this way just bc she has been 100% of the time....though im hopeing that in the next few weeks she goes verticle, at least...it was so weird to see her head move! lol

my babys been transverse too the last 2 time i've been checked but i knw he stil has time to move head down.i love those pics of ur bump i can't see mine doing that my bumps symmetrical do u think its bcos i have an anterior placenta it gets in the way

It could be, depending on where exactly on the front your placenta is.

How is everyone doing? Especially near/at full term ladies?

Im 28+2 and my stinker binker is still laying transverse...she has never moved from this point-like ever-as far as i can tell. My stomach is starting to look really funky. The bottom half is firm (with a buldge-the head-to the right of my bellybutton). The top half is super moosh lol. Im seriously convinced she is staying this way just bc she has been 100% of the time....though im hopeing that in the next few weeks she goes verticle, at least...it was so weird to see her head move! lol

It could be, depending on where exactly on the front your placenta is.

Well my LO turned he is no longer transverse........now he is butt first..which is still breech....:wacko: He is driving mama crazy.

oh that crazy monkey! I hope he goes head down soon.
If its any consultation, ive heard/read that it's easier to get a breech head down than it is to get a transverse head down (for whatever reason). ...on the bright side at least theres an exit path with a breech...although not ideal....hope he flips soon hon :dust:

how many weeks are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->