Transverse Mamas

Are any of you going to get an ECV performed if baby remains sideways?
I know i have quite a while to go, but it's just something im researching now since i have the time and all.

So far i have learned that ECVs are actually less sucessful in transverse lie than they are for breech- go figure. Must have something to do with the fact that in a sideways position, the baby cant do forward/backward rolls to get head down. Anyways, some of the stories i have read are horrific. But then some of the youtube videos ive seen make it look like its a piece of cake and totally worthy of the risk.

I def need to learn more about it, but i was wondering if you girls thought that was something you would ever attempt or not?

I'm going in Monday to have an ecv, my baby is oblique/transverse :( I'm not too keen tho but want to at least give it a try

:hug: Best of luck sweetie. I totally understand at least wanting to try.
Let us know how it goes. I hope it works for you
:dust:

Are any of you going to get an ECV performed if baby remains sideways?
I know i have quite a while to go, but it's just something im researching now since i have the time and all.

So far i have learned that ECVs are actually less sucessful in transverse lie than they are for breech- go figure. Must have something to do with the fact that in a sideways position, the baby cant do forward/backward rolls to get head down. Anyways, some of the stories i have read are horrific. But then some of the youtube videos ive seen make it look like its a piece of cake and totally worthy of the risk.

I def need to learn more about it, but i was wondering if you girls thought that was something you would ever attempt or not?

I'm going in Monday to have an ecv, my baby is oblique/transverse :( I'm not too keen tho but want to at least give it a try

My doctor told me I have that option but I have opted against it. But that is my choice. I think it stems with me being comfortable with a C section. Good luck. I hope it works for you.

:hug: Best of luck sweetie. I totally understand at least wanting to try.
Let us know how it goes. I hope it works for you
:dust:

My doctor told me I have that option but I have opted against it. But that is my choice. I think it stems with me being comfortable with a C section. Good luck. I hope it works for you.

Thanks a lot ladies :) I will def let you know how it goes x

So, i was watching some of the birth videos on baby center...is it true that if the baby is sidways and you get a CS they have to do a vertical cut?! Im taking it w a grain of salt since its not true medical advice, but they mentioned it...i never even considered that before...

I'm following this thread, I am 28 weeks and baby is transverse. I know they say they can change until 36 ish weeks. But my last dd was a big baby so i worried this gives this baby less chance to turn on its own - i was already measuring 23 weeks at 22 week scan

So, i was watching some of the birth videos on baby center...is it true that if the baby is sidways and you get a CS they have to do a vertical cut?! Im taking it w a grain of salt since its not true medical advice, but they mentioned it...i never even considered that before...

I sure hope not... :(A c-section for me would be bad enough, but that would just be the cake topper to have an ugly vertical cut... :(

yeah, how bout it. Thats what i was thinking it too. And i have such horrible muscle tone from having kids so close togheter that its gonna look my butt is on backwards...

thank God im not having anymore kids but i had been told if you get that style of incision the "once a c-section, always a c-section" rule applies (not w bikini cut though).

Of course i was reading some threads from another forum and some transverse moms had a bikini cut, so im not really sure what dictates which one you get :shrug:

Idk... I guess that's a little relieving. Lol.. I don't wanna jynx myself, but my boy is out of the transverse position! :) he is now head down, but his head isn't in my pelvis yet, if that makes sense... Come on baby, you can find it!! Now, if only he will stay that way.... :shrug:

Sweet!!!!! Thats awesome news amanda!!! :yipee:

You could try wrapping your belly? (less room for your LO to flip back!)
I'll be doing that once this stinker ever decides to move! lol

I bet with you being 33 weeks he will stay head down =]

you could also bounce on a birth ball to keep him that way too.
all fours, etc

yeah, how bout it. Thats what i was thinking it too. And i have such horrible muscle tone from having kids so close togheter that its gonna look my butt is one backwards...

thank God im not having anymore kids but i had been told if you get that style of incision the "once a c-section, always a c-section" rule applies (not w bikini cut though).

Of course i was reading some threads from another forum and some transverse moms had a bikini cut, so im not really sure what dictates which one you get :shrug:

All I know for sure is my doctor said that I could opt to manually turn the baby but he would not consider it until 36 weeks. he said it was dangerous for the baby like my SIL had told me and it would be painful for me. he also said there is a chance the baby will just turn back again. So with that I would rather have a C section given that. But Like I said its a personal choice.

yeah im not sure what i will do if i get to that point and LO is still transverse.
It's hard for us bc we dont have any support system here as family is 10 hours away and they all work for a living. Our kids dont have a baby sitter or anything nc we cant afford one (and even bigger dont know anyone well enough to trust). My kids are very young (2 and 1), so it would be hard to be in the hospital all that time, so thats mostly why i get worried. Well that and DH doesn't have much paid time off either.

with that said, the risk of the ECV kind of scare me and im not sure im comfortable w that either...i would want another vaginal birth, but at the same time i know my baby is laying this way bc its purley anatomical on my part. I know my uterus and muscle and general pelvic organs are different this pregnancy and thats why she is that way, so im guessing i would be one of those ladies, if an ECV was successful, she would probably just go right back to that bc of my anatomy issues.

Im really going to be split on what i decide, if i get to that point....i dont know why but i am hoonestly convinced she wont be leaving this position...i never felt that way in my other two pregnancys, so it's very weird for me. Usually i would be the lady rooting everyone on telling them "your lo will flip, still plenty of time"...but for some reason i just dont believe that for myself, this time...which speaks volumes bc DS1 never flipped from breech to head down until 32-33 weeks. And i knew he would and felt that he would and i was right...this time i dont feel that way at all.

Sweet!!!!! Thats awesome news amanda!!! :yipee:

You could try wrapping your belly? (less room for your LO to flip back!)
I'll be doing that once this stinker ever decides to move! lol

I bet with you being 33 weeks he will stay head down =]

you could also bounce on a birth ball to keep him that way too.
all fours, etc

I will have to look up how to do it, but I'll give it a shot! :) I don't have my birth ball yet, unfortunately, but it sure was a sight to see when I got down on my knees and started walking around the living room on them! :haha: It would be nice if he stayed that way, or even dropped for me! It would be nice to breathe again! :)

:haha: yeah breathing again would be fab lol

I have a pic of how to do the wrap. Let me find it...it's in Spanish but the pictures make it easy to understand.

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/instructivo-mei-vientre_zps77b623f3.jpg

Where do u get the fabric from? I am surprised that I totally know what to do! The pic really helped, thanks!

You can use any type of scarf but really wool is probably the best bc if its cotton or polyester,etc it might be too stretchy. I bought Cambaya fabric off a lady on etsy. If u want the link, let me know. I went w that bc u can use it to help w labor as well as baby wearing and of course for belly wrapping W any woven wool wrap u can wear the baby on ur back. Look up info about a rebozo. It's basically that idea

Sideways baby at 29 weeks

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/image_zps5409f549.jpg

yeah im not sure what i will do if i get to that point and LO is still transverse.
It's hard for us bc we dont have any support system here as family is 10 hours away and they all work for a living. Our kids dont have a baby sitter or anything nc we cant afford one (and even bigger dont know anyone well enough to trust). My kids are very young (2 and 1), so it would be hard to be in the hospital all that time, so thats mostly why i get worried. Well that and DH doesn't have much paid time off either.

with that said, the risk of the ECV kind of scare me and im not sure im comfortable w that either...i would want another vaginal birth, but at the same time i know my baby is laying this way bc its purley anatomical on my part. I know my uterus and muscle and general pelvic organs are different this pregnancy and thats why she is that way, so im guessing i would be one of those ladies, if an ECV was successful, she would probably just go right back to that bc of my anatomy issues.

Im really going to be split on what i decide, if i get to that point....i dont know why but i am hoonestly convinced she wont be leaving this position...i never felt that way in my other two pregnancys, so it's very weird for me. Usually i would be the lady rooting everyone on telling them "your lo will flip, still plenty of time"...but for some reason i just dont believe that for myself, this time...which speaks volumes bc DS1 never flipped from breech to head down until 32-33 weeks. And i knew he would and felt that he would and i was right...this time i dont feel that way at all.

yeah, unfortunately I think my lil guy is still Breech but not transverse. He is kicking at the bottom of my stomach. Sometimes its so hard that I have lightning shots in my vagina. I will not do EVC. This is my husband and I first so we do not have the issue of looking after kids though. So if I have to stay a few days its no big deal. I know C sections are not without their risk but with a EVC you just never know if they turn back and you end up with a C section anyway. Thanks for the exercises you posted it. I will try them.

How is everyone and your LOs doing?
I'm 30 weeks (tomorrow) and this girl is still transverse! It's so weird having her head banging up against the side of my pelvis!

Got desperate last week and did handstands in the swimming pool. Nothing came of it tho :dohh:

Oooh, hope she turns down in the next week or two for you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->