transverse position: anyone else?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
for the last few ultrasounds the baby has been in the transverse position ie: head on the right legs on the left, or the other way around , i know that it still has time to turn i am just wondering if it will..
you cant deliver naturally this way, i read, either the baby will have to be turned or its a c section.
any experience with this??

One of mine was like thta until recently. Now, he's a full breech, which is fine, because the first one is head down. They still have plenty of time and room to wiggle around! No worries!

hi cupcake my little boy was transverse and had a c-section, they did try get me to have external cephalic version (where they manually turn the baby by pressing on your belly).
i would suggestion tho for you to think about it and maybe get a second opionion as it can be painful, they have to monitor baby hearbeat as distressing, often doesnt work and baby moves back immediately and also have to have theatre prepped as it may cause early labour, just what i learnt from my experience and getting advice from others, but i am sure it worked perfectly for others. i didnt have it done.

i am sure baby will turn it time hun goodluck.

My little one was transverse from very early on as far as we know.....now she is definitely breech - am 37wks tomorrow so not much time left for her to turn!

We have declined ECV and are meeting consultant on tuesday at 37+4 to discuss the delivery - c-section me thinks!

I have done every exercise possible to turn baby from 28wks onwards - nothing has worked. She is obviously very comfy the way she is

You do have plenty of time left - I hope baby turns for you:flower:

thanks all, i have been feeling some pulling could that be turning?

Can you only tell your transverse with an ultrasound? Sorry if thats a stoooopid question :haha:
xx

Sounds fine, babies can turn really late, i looked like a hot dog at 35 weeks with my last pregnancy when baby was transverse lol!

they can feel it from outside too dont worry a lot can turn at about 37 weeks after that becomes difficult , with your second or more they turn a lot later sometimes not until 39 weeks

dont worry yet

Sounds fine, babies can turn really late, i looked like a hot dog at 35 weeks with my last pregnancy when baby was transverse lol!

lol!

I think I look a lot lower today, wonder if the baby turned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->