Trapped Wind

Torz

Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to relieve trapped wind??

I keep getting really bad trapped wind in my belly which then moves down through my intestines to my bowels. Its really quite painfull & i'm unsure how to relive it. I keep taking windease but they dont do anything.

Last night I ate a banana & it gave me extreamly bad trapped wind. I had to go to bed with it in the end as nothing i did seemed to shift it, not even drinking fizzy pop. I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating trapped wind in my bowels & i havent slept since. I'm soo tired now.

Anyone else getting this & what ways have you found to relieve it??

I had this a couple of times during 1st tri and unfortunately nothing I did helped :( I tried peppermint tea and cordial, moving position, Deflatine tablets, relaxing all my muscles, ginger tea, moving about.......... hopefully some of the above idea's will work for you. You have my every sympathy, it's one of the most painful things I've ever experienced!

I have trapped wind all the time, in fact I have it right now!
I suffer with IBS too, so that adds to the mischievousness of the trapped wind!

I find rubbing my belly helps it along....

Hopefully its all short lived (well until the 12 week mark)...

xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks ladies i will try all these things, hopefully it will pass soon.

I wouldn't have thought that fizzy pop would help.

ENOs used to be the godsend that I was given. Either that or lying on my back with my legs in the air. It is horrid though and you have my sympathy.

Lie on your left hand side for a while - that works for me. For some reason it works better than lying on the right... That or do the cat stretch (the one where you sit back on your heels and then stretch out infront).

xx

I had realllllly bad trapped wind and constipation, so much so I thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy!
It's got a lot easier now.. but it used to be so so painful.
I'd be sweating and rocking back and forth in pain!

I didn't really take a lot for the wind, but I used lactulose soluation, milk of magnesia and movicol to help with the constipation!

Mine eased around 9-10 weeks, thank god!! It does get easier, I promise! xx

I wouldn't have thought that fizzy pop would help.

I've suffered with anxiety for a few years now & when i'm having a bad episode or i have a panic attack you tend to gulp in air causing trapped wind in the belly. This give me bad chest pains & to help get rid of the trapped wind i used to drink coke out of a bottle. This helpped to make me burp & relive the trapped wind & stop the chest pains.

Not working now tho, infact it just makes it worse.

I do find once the wind has moved from my belly to my bowels, if i bring my knees up to my chin it help move it down & out but the whole thing is painful & i'd rather try & relive it while its in my belly.

Thanks for all your sugestions so far, i'll defo be trying them.

I usually drink a hot cup of tea or rubbing my belly - it usually helps break it up xxx

aww, you poor thing. i was suffering really badly from trapped wind yesterday, & was in agony at work all day. thankfully it cleared up & i felt much better today.
it's one of the most undesirable symptoms of pregnancy!
xx

I have this too and had it in my first pregnancy. Fortunately, it did not last past 12 weeks. I don't find that much helps I'm afraid. I tend to get a hot water bottle, lie on my tummy or go on all fours. That sometimes helps. Like you I just end up going to bed eventually.

Mine is worse if I go for long periods without food and at the moment, a long period can be as little at half an hour!!

Hope it gets better soon hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->