• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Travel and temping

curiousowl

Reaction score
This is my first month off the pill so my first month temping. I'm currently CD12 and on CD14 DH and I are going to visit family for a week. It's 3 hours behind us there. FF says to just temp at your normal time in the destination time zone (so I guess temp at 6am there since I temp at 6am here). They also say it won't be totally accurate but if it's not right around ovulation it shouldn't matter. Well, what if it is around ovulation?! I mean, I might not ovulate any time soon if at all this cycle but on the other hand, I might. I know there's not much I can do about it and it is what it is but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I'm assuming I'm going to have a temp jump with the new time zone and FF will assume I've ovulated. I'm going to try regardless but I'm feeling like it's a lost cause.

You might not get a temp jump. When I'm not trying but temping for my records, sometimes I get a bit lazy. Over Christmas, I temped anywhere from 6am to 9am and it didn't really affect my chart.

I would say temp anyway, put it into FF and in the notes put what time it was in your home time zone when you took it. That way, if your chart starts looking a mess, you could always alter the times for those days and see if it makes a difference.

Ive charted while on my jollies in Turkey, they are 2 hours ahead of us. It made no difference to my temps at all as I got the same amount of sleep and temped at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"