travel cot question

muddles

Mummy of 2.
Reaction score
Hi we just bought a travel cot and it says the inside is 120 by 60 which is the same as the matress in my baby's cot. Does this mean we could use the cot mattress in the travel cot?

Also do any of you use an Angel Care Movement Mat with a travel cot?

Hi Muddles - I took a travel cot on holiday with me this year and although it came with a "mattress" it was really thin and unpadded so I bought a travel mattress to go with it (it folded in two) so if its the same size as your cot I'm sure you can use the mattress :hugs:

Omar sleeps in his travel cot since he was 10 months as he keeps bumping into the wood of his cot. We use it with a proper matress, & when we'r sleeping out we use the travel cot thin matress with a duvet on top of it.

We put Daisy in her travel cot in our room for a while to try and help her sleeping, we used her cot mattress, although now I think it would make the base too high iykwim! It'll fit though I think. Oh and we used the angelcare monitor with it fine, just put the plywood from the bottom of her cot into the bottom of the travel cot and put the mat on that.

Thanks ladies. We will go and buy a proper travel cot mattress and will put the plywood from the cot into the bottom of the travel one so the monitor will work. :flower:

We've got the graco countour with the bassinete and used the angelcare movement monitor, it worked fine. :hugs:

Mummy2be did you buy a thicker travel mattress to put in the cot?

Mummy2be did you buy a thicker travel mattress to put in the cot?

No, I was only staying for two nights and didn't really see the point. Also, I wouldn't have anywhere to store it after. I put a folded thick blanket over the mattress and a folded sheet as well.
She slept for ages those two nights as well, so don't think she would have been uncomfortable.

We also have the Graco contour. You dont need a proper matress when you'r using the bassinet.

We also have the Graco contour. You dont need a proper matress when you'r using the bassinet.

We only ever used the bassinet, do you find that you need a better mattress once you use the cot instead of bassinet?

We don't own a monitor and simply used the thin travel 'mattress' that it comes with. We did put a fleece blanket on it to make it slightly softer.
I don't think he really cares what he's sleeping on yet.

hi, can you tell me more about using the graco with angelcare?

LO's travel cot is at my MIL's at the moment as he stays there one night a month. The 'mattress' that came with the travel cot is awful so MIL has bought him a travel cot mattress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->