Travel cots

Flower

Reaction score
Morning all,

We due to go away next w/e to stay at a friends house and just wondering what travel cot to get? And wanted some of your opinions/recommendations

Space is limited in our car so space and convenience to assemble is important - as well as comfort for bubs of course!

So I've seen some of these compact ones (rather than the big full on proper travel cots):
Bubble cot

Pop up cot

Has anyone got any of these - what do you think - or best stick to the big traditional kind?

Thanks

we have just the normally 'traditional' kind at my mums, maddi has a cot upstairs at mums but a travel cot downstairs during the day. tbh honey i think i prefer your links. i think that will be perfect for traving. i've seen this and love this too, very similar
:hugs:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3760172/Trail/searchtext>TRAVEL+COT.htm

i got a graco compact traditional type for traveling and I leave it at my parents for when he stays there. it's great - so easy to put up (takes maybe 1 minute) and put down. Nice colours and comes with a matress.
i'd prefer this to a bubble one as it can be used as a play pen and there is no chance opf LO escaping once he's rolling crawling etc.

https://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Co...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

for use in my living room I got the delux one - with a changing table and a thing that vibrates and plays music and insect sounds and all sorts. We have it up all the time as a day bed and I love it.
https://www.mothercare.com/Graco-Co...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

We got the pop-up samsonite deluxe on the recommendation of a friend. It's really cute and packs up neatly.

It's only for use until the baby can sit up on their own though. I think we might buy the bubble cot after that. I had an old school travel cot with my daughter and found it was a nightmare to put up and she really hated sleeping in it. It was also pretty big and heavy to lug around.

i got a normal travel cot but your one looks ideal for travelling to be honest did not know you could get them like that

I've got the Samsonite pop up one and really like it as it's very easy to put up and carry around. So small we fit it into our check in luggage for an Easyjet flight and didn't go over the limit. Also Marlie sleeps well in it, and she doesn't just sleep anywhere! If you're g oing anywhere hot as we did I loved that it had a net to keep bugs out.

Some negs on it are:
-can be difficult to put baby in as it's so low and you have to reach through the zip door.
-The mattress is very thin so have to have something in between a hard floor and the cot (we've used a doubled up blanket)
-I don't think it can be used as long as a traditional travel cot can be used for (because of the durability of it).

In all though, I love it and am glad we don't have a huge traditional cot for travelling. This is much easier.

i have the graco all singing and dancing one with music, vibrate and changing stand. It is sooo easy to build and compacts nicely. I bought it instead of a pop up one as it wuld last a lot longer. It has a basinette for when they are small. It is on the heavy side tho but perfect for rooms with little space.

However silvercross just bought out the same thing but much much lighter in mothercare - but i thin kyou havr to order it. The graco one i picked up in john lewis there and then.

We have a Graco one - similar to Emmas but without the vibrate & music. It is really easy to put up & down, has the bassinette for smaller babies (I have only just stopped using this bit as Jack prefers it:blush:) & is easy to transport as long as you have a car (or else you would have to wheel it around:rofl:)
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruhome/brutravel/brutravelgraco/721093

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->