Travel sickness bands

starsunshine

Reaction score
Is anyone using these and do they work? I've been so bad with morning sickness I've had to take time off work (not like me, I've had a grand total of 1 day off in the last 4 years!). I'm willing to try anything at this stage. Should I get some? Or is it all physiological?

I found they were amazing when I was pregnant with my first but they didn't have the same effect with my last pregnancy or this one, but my ms has been different each time so maybe that's why. I hope they work for you

They helped me a bit with both of my pregnancies, as did preggie pop drops.

I wear them, mostly on the evenings as that is when my sickness is usually worst. I'm not sure if they really do help or if is psychological, they are a comfort for me tho and I feel like I'm trying to do something to help xx

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've ordered some as I can't keep going like this. My last pregnancy wasn't anywhere near this bad, thinking I'm cooking a girl this time!

im not sure if its a psychological thing but my sickness comes and goes. literally, im fine one day, nausea is tolerable the next few, and then out of no where i need to take a zofran once or ill vomit and then im NEARLY ok but not completely ok for the rest of the day. ive had to leave work twice early. but i have worn my seabands since 4 weeks along. i wear them all the time, except in the shower which is the only time i dont wear them OR on days where my morning sickness is very minimal. either way, im not sure if they help physically or if its psychologically but if im still wearing them after all this time, it must be doing something!

From my experience, and I know everyone's different, they just take the edge off the sickness so that you can drag yourself through the day. Even if that's only in the mind, surely that's got to be a good thing. There will still be times when you become overwhelmed by how rubbish you feel and how long this feeling has lasted but, personally I'd wear my pants on my head all day if I thought it would stop me from feeling nauseous!!

They did help with my daughter but you need them in exactly the right place.

Bungle that made me laugh! I agree and I might try the pants on head thing if it really works!!!! I'm desperate and need to get back to work. I ordered bands yesterday to be delivered today can't wait for them to come.

Is there a knack to putting them on right?

I wore mine until 18 weeks.
Again not sure if it was psychological but they certainly took alot of the edge off.
Theres a certain place they have to sit on your wrist so if you don't get Instructions a simple google image search will tell you the correct position or even a youtube video :)
X

Bungle that made me laugh! I agree and I might try the pants on head thing if it really works!!!! I'm desperate and need to get back to work. I ordered bands yesterday to be delivered today can't wait for them to come.

Is there a knack to putting them on right?

Well, as my OH likes to remind me, when I was pregnant with DD2 I said to him "if I EVER start talking about baby no3, just remind me about morning sickness"! This really is the worst part in my opinion, almost wish I could fast forward this bit x

Maybe you are cooking a girl. I was much worse with my lg than my boy.

Yeah the that's what we think, keep looking up girl names, I'll be very surprised if a boy pops out! I've had a feeling from the beginning that it's a girl this time.

I've got my bands now and popped them on, phew, now to just wait for the nausea to wear off as much as it can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->