Travel sickness bands.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KatieTizzle, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KatieTizzle

KatieTizzle Mama :)

At 11 weeks I know I should soon be getting to the point where I shouldn't be worrying about morning sickness but as it happens, it's decided to peak these last 2 weeks & I'm going away thus weekend so I've decided to try some methods out. Ginger biscuits do not work for me at all, so my next step is travel sickness bands. As I used to get slight travel sickness I'm rather worried about going on a long car journey this weekend with the MS aswell! previously as I wasn't pregnant I'd just get travel sickness tablets or use hayfever tablets (they worked too) but obviously these are a no-no now soooo... Has anyone tried this method? Does it work...

2. W8ing4ours

W8ing4ours Well-Known Member

I worked with a woman that swears by them, but I didn't talk to her about it much then. When she told me about it I wasn't pg and had no idea how bad MS would be. She doesn't work with me anymore, but that's the only experience I have with anyone using them. If they work, please tell me. I feel like my MS has progressively gotten worse, and the last 4 days are unbelievable. I feel soooooo sick all the time, morning, noon, night, etc. Looks like we are just about the same DD, give or take a day. Have you noticed the MS has gotten worse this week too?

3. wishful1

wishful1 Well-Known Member

Tried them, didn't work, you might try pressing the acupressure points they stimulate on your forearms to see if that brings any relief as a trial . . . .

4. hazzabeanie

hazzabeanie mum of 2

I have them got them Monday and I honestly think they are fab they made me feel alot less sick and helped me eat something I'd def give them a go on the box they say travel and morning sickness relief xxx

5. BabyBlondex

BabyBlondex Mummy to 2 💕

I found the travel bands rubbish, they just leave you with a sore hole on your wrist lol! x

6. collie_crazy

collie_crazy 1 Angel, 1 rainbow growin

I got mine last week and kept them on for a few days straight but they made absolutely no difference except for hurting my wrists!! Waste of £8 if u ask me!

7. KatieTizzle

Ah looks pretty hit or miss. I'll give them a go still & see if they work for me, hope they do :thumbup:

W8ing4ours, yeah it has def got worse this week. I did have a couple of days couple of weeks ago where it just disappeared completely & I was like YES it's gone but then it came back with a vengeance. Silly thing.

8. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

they are brill JUST DON'T TAKE THEM OFF!!

9. x_Rainbow_x

x_Rainbow_x Well-Known Member

I swear by them at work....

10. KatieTizzle

Ever?? Lol

11. missmayhem

well for a good few days

12. KatieTizzle

Do you sleep with them on?

13. doxie.chi

doxie.chi Well-Known Member

they definitely helped me, didnt stop a lot of the nausea, but made me stop vomiting

14. missmayhem

i took them off for a quick shower and that was it

15. KatieTizzle

Had them on for couple of hours now.. No vomiting but still feel really nauseous :/

16. mushy1981

mushy1981 Well-Known Member

i got some yesterday and have not took them off! Not been sick but have still felt sick so thats something I guess!! Fingers crossed the MS will ease off around week 13-14!

c x