Travel system for small car?

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :flower:

I have a small car (a Hyundai i10) that only has a small boot. I visited one of my friends who has a 4 month old little girl yesterday and tried hers in my car and it wouldn't all fit. I think I may have trouble finding one that will go in the boot as a lot of them seem quite bulky :nope:

Has anyone got a very small car and a travel system that fits in the boot? Just looking for recommendations of a good system that folds down small!

Thanks ladies x

I'd be curious to hear recommendations too, I also have quite a small car!

I too have a small car, a Mini and since I am having twins it was clear from the outset that no double buggy would ever fit in the car. So I am selling the Mini and looking at larger hatchbacks and station wagons (all second hand of course)
As for what would fit into your car, I did a quick google on compact travel systems for small cars and found that other forums have had that question brought up and one of their recommendations were the Petite Star Zia
Hope that helps xxx

Can your back seat fold down? I have a mustang and the trunk is TINY but the back seats fold down so I can fit any size travel system.

Thanks for the replies ladies and thanks for that recommendation Angel :thumbup: I'll check out the Petite Star Zia x

a lot of the wheels come off at the press of a button on the new prams and if you find a good shop, they will let you try it in the boot to make sure it fits. I've got a fiesta and bought a bugaboo cameleon but it was expensive.

We have a micra so a compact travel system was a must for us
We have went with the MY4 from mothercare but i also looked at the Zoom and Sola from M&P all fit well in to the boot of the car

L xx

If you check out somewhere like mothercare they will usually take it out to your car to check it would fit for you x x

I have a Peugeot 206 so not a big car and I've got an iCandy peach blossom. I have to take one of the back wheels off to fit everything in the boot but it fits. It's really easy to take the wheel off too, you just click a button.

We didn't really think about it having to fit in my car when we bought it because we knew it'd fit in my husbands BMW. Bit silly of us really seeing as I'll be the one to be out and about with it the majority of the time!

X

We used to have a tiny car when DS1 was born and Mothercare recommended the Loola as that folds up really small. One tip though, make sure the car seat fits a small car too cos ours was huge and wouldn't fit in the back unless the front seat was pulled all the way forward!

Hi Ladies :flower:

I have a small car (a Hyundai i10) that only has a small boot. I visited one of my friends who has a 4 month old little girl yesterday and tried hers in my car and it wouldn't all fit. I think I may have trouble finding one that will go in the boot as a lot of them seem quite bulky :nope:

Has anyone got a very small car and a travel system that fits in the boot? Just looking for recommendations of a good system that folds down small!

Thanks ladies x

I have the same car!!

We are getting the Silvercross Linear Freeway (today in fact) put into two parts it fits (just). They have recently changed the chassis to fold better for smaller cars. Once we have it I'll take some pics of it in the boot and post them on here x

Thanks Weenie, that would be great :thumbup: I quite fancy a Silver Cross as have heard they are a good make that has been around for years.

Sovereign, thanks for tip about the car seat, I'll remember to check that too :thumbup:

Can your back seat fold down? I have a mustang and the trunk is TINY but the back seats fold down so I can fit any size travel system.

This gave me an idea - I have a small 2 door car as well and hadn't even thought of folding the passenger side FRONT seat forward. What a great idea! I should be able to fit about anything in there like that! Usually it is just me and DD riding in the tiny car anyway since it is the car I take to work. So she and baby could ride in back together with that passenger front seat forward.

My OH has a mini and we bought the Quinny Buzz 3 which fits perfectly. You can buy the maxi cosi car seat which attaches to form a travel system from birth.

I thought we would have to change cars but it fits so well and is an all round beauty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->