Travel system, when to change pushchair

vegazbaby

Reaction score
I have the mothercare xpedior and currently use the car seat , then clip it onto frame for pushchair, when do I use the pram part as an upright seat, he has gerd and screams in it wondered when he can more comfortable

I had a travel system and found that my LO got upset when in the pushchair part. I think it was because he was forward facing. I ended up selling my travel system and buying a parent facing push chair and he has been fine since.

I have put Bella in her push chair rather than the carry cot last week (3.5 months) its reclined but not totally flat so she can see out which she seems to prefer. she also has good head control and is all snug in the footmuff.

If he can sit up supported it should be fine. We still have ours in the car seats just because it's easier but probably could start using the seats.

I have bugaboo, with DS I put her around 4 months and all problems with screaming in her bassinet were solved. Not sure yet on the little guy but fingers crossed it'll happen too.

Ty weve just done adress rehearsal and he just looked more naturally comfortable so gonna try a shopping trip

Thankyou ladies I can't keep up with the developmental changes thought I was mad for even thinking about it.

My buggy is for 6 months+ but he outgrew his carrycot attachment so I had no choice, hes close to 20lbs so I dont worry about putting him in a months early (5 months) he was in it for the first time today and was in absolute amazement at what he could see :) just dont think hel nap in it now like he used to

I think the 6 months guideline is a load of nonsense. Scarlett was in her buggy (parent facing and very reclined) from 10 weeks because she hated not being able to see anything from the carrycot. As long as babies head isn't slumping forward and they're not in there for hours at a time I don't see an issue

Lo went into his stroller/pushchair at 3 months as he hated being in his car seat and the bassinet part of the travel system. Plus the damn thing was so heavy! We live in the country so have to drive everywhere so horsing it in and out of the car was such a pain. Expensive travel system went and reasonably cheap pushchair has done a fab job eversince ;-)

We did at around 3 months and it was reclined, we then bought a new buggy when he was just turning 5 months old and he was in that fully sat up as he could 'tripod' and was comfy like it :)

I have the mothercare xpedior and currently use the car seat , then clip it onto frame for pushchair, when do I use the pram part as an upright seat, he has gerd and screams in it wondered when he can more comfortable

my lo went in the pushchair at 4.5 months and he's not a big baby but has very good neck control. The xpedior has 2 recline position s so just put your lo in the lowest recline

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->