Travel sytems, norton storm ltd vs jane rider

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by bagpuss5, Jun 3, 2011.

1. bagpuss5

bagpuss5 Active Member

Hi all, am on the hunt for my first travel system and the two named above have caught my eye. Anyone had either of these and able to give feedback? Or are there any others out there that are worth me taking a look at? :o)

2. firsttimer87

firsttimer87 First-timer expecting

hi hun, i'm looking at a silver cross and graco i love my bear if it helps? Sorry havent heard of your two xx

Attached Files:

3. Treelo

Treelo Mum of 3

I havent had either and never even heard off a Norton one before lol!! But had i 3 Jane's for DS2 and loved them, fab buggys, strudy, well made, lovely to push, all fabrics came off to wash, def recommend Jane brand.:thumbup:

4. jules1

jules1 hoping for a keeper :)

I saw someone walking around Brighton with the Norton Storm pram in the denim colour - it is gorgeous - it took me weeks of Internet searching and forum badgering to find it online!! Unfortunately nowhere near me stocks it so I couldn't go anywhere to try it out. But it looked great - really cosy and compact with a lovely style to it. I don't know a lot about the Jane Rider but it gets great reviews on 'which'!! X

5. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

NOWERE stocks the norton, i have called every stockist in southern eng then norton themselves

i really want the norton myself but untill i see it in real life i'm not prepared to fork out for it so atm the rider is also winning for me with the transporter carry cot

pity nobody had a norton

6. HollieQ

HollieQ Well-Known Member

I'm getting the Jané Rider Matrix Pram & Pushchair Travel System in Molten Red :happydance:

7. amipregnant

amipregnant Well-Known Member

Hi I was interested in the 3 wheel jane system slalom pro its is so cute, doesnt seem to get good reviews but cannot find anyone near me who stocks it for me to try. I like them tho.

8. Treelo

Treelo Mum of 3

I have had 2 of them, loved them. Seat unit is great size and nicely padded, lovely to push it glides along great for around town or rough terrain. Would def recommend it :thumbup:

9. Lollyp

Lollyp Well-Known Member

I think we are getting a norton. Saw them at the Babyshow and loved them. For those who want to know stockists. Here is their website with stockists listed on there.

https://www.kleverkids.co.uk/

10. missmayhem

ami were abouts do you live??

i know i shop in poole has one in

11. bagpuss5

bagpuss5 Active Member

Thanks for your replys, went viewing prams yesterday & the Norton certainly looks a good buy, good quality and great value for everything that is included in the package.

The Jane is certainly still a contender though, although a little pricey with all the add ons, quite like the lie flat car seat... Also the new model out next month looks nice, the Trider!

The Bebecar also caught my eye, oh dear, decisions decisions, good fun looking though! x :happydance:

12. amipregnant

amipregnant Well-Known Member

Im in Weymouth, will be going to poole, which one is it??? Where are you?:wacko:

13. Lisa1981

Lisa1981 Well-Known Member

Have been out today checking out the Jane range. I was initially considering the Rider and the Slalom Reverse but after seeing the Trider online and discussing it with two sales people who have seen it, I have decided to go for that one. It seems to tick all my boxes thankfully.

14. bagpuss5

bagpuss5 Active Member

Hi lisa, yes I think the trider is the one! The lie flat car seat / carry cot seems really practical. Are you going for the matrix light combo or the one with carry cot too? The matrix seems to do everthing needed & simplifys things a litttle.. X

15. clairealfie

clairealfie Well-Known Member

Oooo I'm going to get a Jane. I'm going to wait and see the Trider but so far I love the Rider but could be tempted with a slalom as they are less than £100 on ebay!

The matrix is the major draw for us, it looks so comfy

16. missmayhem

were did you view the norton??

17. sophusx

sophusx Well-Known Member

I love this one !!

18. bagpuss5

bagpuss5 Active Member

Expecting baby in mansfield, notts is where I veiwed the norton, a bit far from Dorset. Some good deals out there on the net though if you don't have a local store. :thumbup:

19. Lisa1981

Lisa1981 Well-Known Member

20. bagpuss5

bagpuss5 Active Member