Travel tips?

mernie

Mom and Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
In May I'll be going on a 5 1/2 hour plane ride to go to my daddy's wedding. She'll be basically 2 months when I go and I was wondering I know I'm only allowed to bring about 2 full bottles on the plane but what if they get cold? How can I keep them warm or maybe warm them up whilst on the plane? I usually just put them in the microwave and shake them up really well before feeding her but this isn't an option on a plane. Anybody know of anything I can do?

The airline will be able to warm them for you. I use to be cabin crew and i use to stand the bottles in hot water in a special container that they carry on board. They do take longer to heat obviously but it can be done. xx

I took cans of ready-made formula and I had no problems getting through security (I took like 4-5 cans, way more than we'd need but I didn't want to be without in case we got stuck). I had sterilized bottles in a plastic baggy and took another baggy (labeled) for the used bottles. It worked really well for me. The airlines will warm them for you but be careful one flight attendant warmed a bottle up way to much and we had to add an extra 3 ounces to the bottle to cool it off :lol:

I assumed that I wouldn't be made to open ready-made bottles of sealed stuff as we went through security, but we flew to scotland a couple of weeks ago and I had a bottle of aptamil growing up milk for Sam and a breakfast jar (both obviously still sealed) and I had to open both and taste them, so make sure you don't take far more than you need as everything might have to be opened and therefore won't be sterile.

It might be a good idea to try her with room temp milk a few times before you go and see if she's happy with that, as it'll be so much easier for you just to open a bottle and serve it as it is if she's happy not to have it warmed! x

:shock: I can't believe they made you open it! In one airport they did a search of me because the cans were ready made and couldn't be opened but that was it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->